Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• North East Model Boat Show: April 09, 2011 - April 10, 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: North East Model Boat Show  (Read 22654 times)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: North East Model Boat Show
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 10:46:43 am »

Personally, I have been to this show and if I was coming all the way from Jersey I would say no and leave your trip until later in the year and come to the Model Boat Convention at Birchwood. There is also the avantage of 2 shows on the same weekend a short bus ride apart.
Andy.

Hi there - I think the above quote is a bit unfair - due to the fact that this is a very 'new' show still in its infancy and we are struggling to ensure that this show is going to be 'one of the best shows that is around the Northern areas'.     I can assure you that there has been a lot of acitivity going on behind the scenes with a lot of talking amongst members of north east model boating Clubs to ensure that this year is the best.    We do want this show to carry on in the North East.

- one of the main advantages of where the show is held is a big hall - its not a pokey dimlit hall which I found Blackpool to be - also, - there are a lot of amenities close to hand.  Ample parking and immediate access to the hall via doors from the parking area - there is no humping upstairs/downstairs/or through corridors to enable everyone to get to the display area.   Also, this year the model show is hoping to have an indoor display pool on the hall floor.  A cafe is provided in the hall - so that food /refreshments and seating is all at hand.

Last but not least and the most important to me is THIS SHOW IS ABOUT MODEL BOATS - & MEETING LIKE MINDED PEOPLE.
IT DOESNT COST A FORTUNE TO GO EITHER.  

Aye
john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

wesley

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

Hi there - I think the above quote is a bit unfair

Since when has the truth been unfair? I went to the show last year and was disappointed.

one of the main advantages of where the show is held is a big hall - its not a pokey dimlit hall which I found Blackpool to be

Where in my post did I mention Blackpool? Stop mis-quoting & putting words into my mouth. (I do agree about the lighting at Blackpool though)

IT DOESNT COST A FORTUNE TO GO EITHER. 

It does if you are travelling all the way up from the Channel Islands!!
Would you honestly travel that far for this particular show?

Andy.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 01:42:09 pm »

hi Wesley

You have picked me up completely wrong when I said that your posting was unfair - unfair meaning what did you find wrong with this show.   If you could enlighten us with your comments, on what you found wrong with the North East show, meaning was there too few clubs there?  Not enough amenities?  Were the trade stands not there?  Rather than just posting a negative feedback.    Critism is sometimes good - as long as the facts are there .

You did pick me up right on one point though - what I meant was it isnt expensive to get into the show.

aye
john

wesley

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »

I am not moaning about the venue, facilities or the quality of the models displayed, the ones there were superb, but where are all the other exellent models that are built in the north east that appear on various forums and magazines? There are some really talented modellers in the area............ But where were they? Bad advertising around the local clubs? Total apathy from the modellers? Or perhaps my expectations were too high!! Also I  like to see models in their natural habitat and wandering round static models might be OK for some, but I like to see them working......

I still stand by what I said and based on my last visit, I certainly would not make a 250 mile round trip to this show again let alone nearly a 1000 mile round trip....

Andy.

soldier151

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 12:06:13 am »

Hello 151, What a lovely advert for Geordieland & the Show. Does this mean that your club is putting on a display? I do hope so, as long as you leave the swans at home. Regards Nemesis.
Yes Nemesis & Others
Killingworth Model Boat Club is hoping to have a Club Display so see you at at South Shields, looking forward to meeting the Jersey lads
Soldier151
Killingworth Model Boat Club

grayone

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 03:02:38 am »

First I might just be home fo this and so may make the 5,000mile trip to see the show :}

Second as I am just getting back into model boats after many years I am looking for a club in the Teesside area does any one know of any still running?

Graham

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 02:28:52 pm »

Hi ya there Soldier 151

So you inform us that the Killingworth Club may be coming to South Shields Model show, does that mean I have to inform the Council to re-erect electric cattle fencing and re-issue the cattle prods to keep you lot under control?

Message to your members  please can you inform them that the traders at the show deal with today's currency of £.S.D and they will not accept bartering for sheep and animals in exchange of goods - as it has been know the Killingworth Tribe do.

I know last year the Tynemouth Mob tried to purchase items using shells from Tynemouth beach, along with pieces of seaweed - as that is the currency they deal in.

Mr Brian Chambers, tries to deal and negotiate with Grouse which we know has been poached from the boundaries of Scotland.

Now remember, this will not be tolerated at this years Show.

Oh, and last but not least, as far as the Tynemouth Tribe are concerned may I inform Riggers that he willl not be permitted this year to tell fortunes from his caravan.

aye
john

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 08:04:54 pm »

Mr Brian Chambers, tries to deal and negotiate with Grouse which we know has been poached from the boundaries of Scotland.

ERR HI JOHN,  :-))  ITS GEESE NOT GROUSE, AND IVE BEEN OUT THIS MORN AND SHOT ANOTHER 14  :-))   anyone for goose pie  {-) {-) {-) %% see you at the show marra  O0 %% {-) :-))

nhp651

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

i'm all in favour of that brian....less to fly over my house in a morning and wake me up at such ungodly hours, {-) {-) {-) {-)

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:57 pm »

...Hi Guys...

Can anyone recommend a nice Bed & Breakfast for the Sunday Night of the North East Show...That would be Sunday 10th of April 2011...
We are due to start a short holiday on Monday 11th of April at Whitley Bay so I was going to bring the Wife and the 2 boys to the show on the Sunday and then stay overnight in the area...

...Best Regards...Norry...

...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

tubby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:27 pm »

when we did the first show we stopped at annies guesthouse, www.anniesguesthouse.co.uk  clean, cheap and just up the road from the sea and pub serving meals

Barry

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 08:35:41 pm »

Hello Norry, If you are in Whitley Bay can I recommend the "Firestation" for good beer at reasonable prices, they do food as well.
It is another Weatherspoons establishment. Nemesis.

soldier151

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:25 am »

Hi Bluebird,
We at Killingworth will be trading in WHITE SWANS and BLACK CANADIAN GEESE, of which we have to MANY.
Regarding accommodation in the area, stacks of Premier Inns, Travelodges all near major roads giving great facilities for all and all next to a PUB selling CANNY (thats Geordie) for good, FOOD and Drink
Soldier151
Killingworth Lake :-)

cloggie

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 08:08:41 pm »

I have to agree that this show is poorly advertised.

Last year I couldn't even get an advertising pamphlet at Temple Park itself!!!!! and that some weeks before the event.  Instead they were advertising another modelling event some months in acdvance??????

Having been determined to attend this year, I have found several club sites mentioning "Northern Show", "Shields show" etc, but no mention of its correct name NE Show; instead being refered to as North show repeatedly, which seems to conflict with the Northern show (CADMA) at Doncaster???

As it is, we shall be in attendance for the first time with a small table, under the banner 'ModelwarshipsUK Forum' in aid of the charity 'Help 4 Heroes', in the hope that we can add to this venue increasing in popularity.

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 08:16:58 pm »

hi all, was at the show today and took pics of some cracking models,,, here they are

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 08:20:27 pm »

and some more

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 08:23:54 pm »

and more

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 08:28:39 pm »

more again

yorkiej

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 01:30:03 am »

Thanks for the great pictures of some cracking models Brian.
I'm going to see them later today.
Cheers
John :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 05:23:22 pm »

Hi ya there one and all

Well the show is over now - I personally enjoyed it - met a lot of old and new friends - good banta  :-))

Sadly - not many public turned up - can we blame the sunshine cos its been glorious here.  The weather was better advertised than the show  :P

Well done Pugwah for taking a 2nd prize and Bryan Young too well done - I am not sure what Bryan's was 2nd??? Brilliant!

Well we can only hope that we will meet again - soon  :-)) :-)) :-))

Smashing time had by all.    

Just a quick note for the Tynemouth lads we are now bricking up the Tyne Tunnel from our end  %% %% %% well gotta do something to stop you lot taking all the prizes %% %% :-))

aye
john

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

So. It's R.I.P. for the NE Model Boat Show.
Just how many factors can be "blamed" for this state of affairs?
My first thoughts must be just how serious the organisers were about making this a success in the first place. All three were dreadfully promoted to the public at large.
In my (recent) spat with DM of "Action" he actually indicated that he thought it was up to the exhibiting clubs to promote the event and he wasn't interested in casual visitors who wouldn't be spending any money. Can't have it both ways.
There are shed loads of Model Boat clubs up here in the NE of England......how many bothered to turn up? If the ruddy clubs can't be bothered why should the traders?
Tyneside is (was) the home of Engineering in all of its guises...shipbuilding being only one part of it. My personal opinion is that Model Boats on their own is of limited appeal, and the show should have been a more general exhibition of modelling.
But such is life I suppose.
So have we, as a nation, got a big blank area all the way Northwards from Harrogate? I fear so. Bryan.
Notes from a simple seaman

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 09:58:31 pm »

its sad to here that the show was the last,  i spent the weekend at   the show and enjoyed it all, here are my last lot of pics, these are the show winners and runners up,       best in show was this fine example

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »

second best in show for scratch built was bry youngs general havelock, well done bry, another great model from T.M.B.C.

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 10:10:02 pm »

and another fine model from T.M.B.C. was our own pugwash on the forum with his semi kit hms aisne which took second best in its class

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 10:20:15 pm »

and the last lot of prize winners i think are from the roker sunderland wearside model boat clubs,,, two nice lifeboats and a verey smart lakes steamer. well done to all on the last show at temple park, and to all who took part,   brian_c T.M.B.C.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.