Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOYOUTHINKESAURUS  (Read 2106 times)

DaveB

DOYOUTHINKESAURUS
« on: March 24, 2007, 02:24:56 pm »

Hi
I built this last winter she started life as Mountfleets lighter which had been sitting around getting very dusty after a few years i decided i'd better get building, i also decided to motorise her so checked the spares box and of i went. In the end i only needed to spend an extra £30 to build her, a nice Buhler 12v motor some George Turner crew figures and a few pots of paint. The deck cargo come from my other hobby which is fossil hunting included a cargo are crocodile teeth bone and body armour a couple of sharks teeth and a piece of turtle carapace.
Dave B

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: DOYOUTHINKESAURUS
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:56:37 pm »

Looks very nice, did you have any problems fitting the proshaft,and how does it sail.

Peter

PS, youwill probably seen a lot of the people on the forum from your old hobby of  fossil hunting , Including me!!

DaveB

Re: DOYOUTHINKESAURUS
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 05:03:48 pm »

Hi
I cut a long hole in the hull then put in a piece of 3 inch rainwater pipe cut to shape to hold both the propshaft and rudder as i wanted to keep everthing away from damage, i put a couple of small keels on the bottom of the hull to prevent her from 'skidding'. She sails very well and lasts for several hours each time out, at first i set her up with a 12v 7amp battery but felt this was a bit too heavy and switched to a smaller 4amp and adjusted the ballast to suit.
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.