Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACTion R/C Electronics  (Read 12027 times)

inertia

Re: ACTion R/C Electronics
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 11:07:18 pm »

I could write a book on customer relations, most would not believe the stories, why, because some are beyond belief. Mick B.
Put me down for a couple of chapters, Mick.
DM

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 11:13:27 pm »

I have read this whole thread & hope a few comments from me might be in order. First I have dealt with Dave at ACtion for a long time & have never received better service in my life from any supplier. I have also dealt with Component Shop with similar results. It shocks me to see how quick we are to condemn our suppliers when they don't measure up to our 'standards'. If you have ever spent time in the retail parts supply business the problems we encounter are legion, # 1 being staffing.Finding people that care about their work is sometimes impossible to find. Having a knowledge of the product is even worse.Then someone also supplies my business over who I have little or no control. The idea that Iain & Dave could join both companies in a matter of days or weeks is an expectation beyond belief & make it run like nothing had changed. Show some patience & understanding , I am sure from previous experience they are both working hard for us & to improve their service. In the middle of the change over I ordered batteries from C/S & received them here in Canada in a matter of days. I have 50 years in the retail trade & I can say that most of the problems stem from poor communication, 75% caused by customers themselves(case in point "why do you need the serial #") Finally we should all relax, that part that was such a rush is still probably sitting on the shelf unused. Mick B.
Hear Hear! I ordered a Lipo on friday 25th Jan, It arrived on Monday 28th, not bad going considering the weather in Wales at the time....
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 09:46:49 am »

Last week I had an action esc fail. I e mailed component shop for directions on where to send it for repair.

I got a message from 'the Man' DM, via this forum, asking if it was me asking the questions, as they had been trying to contact me to no avail.

I duly sent off the esc on Friday last, pointing out that it was no rush on this one, and it was back in my house repaired by Tuesday noon.

No complaints from me, the usual great service
Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10:46 am »

Thumbs up for Component Shop from me too.  Tuesday I order a list of bits, before 3 pm I had an email confirming dispatch.  They arrived next morning.  That is as fast and efficient as ACTion were so I have every confidence that future ACTion orders via Component Shop will arrive as efficiently as they used to do.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:12 am »

Bottom line, some may not agree, but raising issues on this forum definitely gets results and helps solve problems, so don't be too quick to scream out, lock the thread.

I think we can agree that raising issues on this forum can and does often get results.

I think the tendancy for some to ask for a thread to be locked stems from the tendancy for some people to start strong accusations (sometimes verging on libeloous) when there has only been a breakdown of communications, often email communications. The forum can act as a backup means of communication, as perhaps is the case here.

Sometimes traders are in the wrong. This kind of thing has also been brought to light on the forum, and can also be achieved with some level of civility. Which is usually the best way to get a favourable resolution.

On other occasions a trader or complainant can be his/her own worst enemy. If done on open forum all can see. This does nobody any good, which is why the moderators will sometimes step in and tidy up or lock a thread.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:53 am »

I think we can agree that raising issues on this forum can and does often get results.

I think the tendancy for some to ask for a thread to be locked stems from the tendancy for some people to start strong accusations (sometimes verging on libeloous) when there has only been a breakdown of communications, often email communications. The forum can act as a backup means of communication, as perhaps is the case here.

Sometimes traders are in the wrong. This kind of thing has also been brought to light on the forum, and can also be achieved with some level of civility. Which is usually the best way to get a favourable resolution.

On other occasions a trader or complainant can be his/her own worst enemy. If done on open forum all can see. This does nobody any good, which is why the moderators will sometimes step in and tidy up or lock a thread.

Spot on Mr Tiger.

Ryanb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:44 am »

This topic was started because an email was sent and no reply was received, ever. After 3 weeks I opened the topic to see if it was common error or a one off, as it turned out it was a mixture, however the great DM responded to me direct and all was resolved.

I cannot control other opinions and replies but it does show an open forum can be useful and get results.

I still have no issue with CS or action, I love the products and just this morning my box of tricks arrived, ordering and spending money is and was not the issue, it was the communication the fell down which one would expect to be better!

I cannot help if people do not like to hear other opinions and reasons for problems and for those to bring these to light, my priority is me and the money I spend and to make sure I get it right. Like is said if I am not %100 I will ask and I am not a big fan of letting a few £100 go up in flames!

So semi apologies if you do not like what has been said by me and other but it's tuff! Every one is entitled to an opinion and to be un happy and everyone should be able to speak freely of this.

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 11:56:07 am »

Absolutely, but next time, pick up the phone :-)
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 11:57:04 am »

I agree Ryan

My comments were general and not aimed at you.

As you say 'Every one is entitled to an opinion and to be un happy and everyone should be able to speak freely of this.' I also agree with this, if the opinion is expressed rationally and in a non-libelous way. Which is not always the case on forums, sadly.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

inertia

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 01:00:35 pm »

Please can we put this to bed? It grieves me to see the name of my old business as the title of a thread which has degenerated into another squabble about 'free speech' and/or what is/is not a proper matter for the forum.
Most people seem happy enough with the outcome so can we move on, please?
DM

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 02:05:03 pm »

I did 3 times!

Apologies, must pay attention next time.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: ACTion R/C Electronics - Great company!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 03:08:12 pm »

If everyone's happy (fat chance!) we can close this thread now.   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.