Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planet T5  (Read 2772 times)

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
Planet T5
« on: February 05, 2015, 11:26:24 am »

Does anyone Know if the 5th channel (the toggle switch top right) can be used for a sequential switcher ? I'm thinking of lights / up-down on a  floating bridge on a pusher tug, the info' sheet's not to clear on what it does. %%
Bill

inertia

Re: Planet T5
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:32 am »

If you were to connect a servo to the receiver channel 5 output then it would be either fully one way or the other, depending on the switch position. You can choose to slow down the speed with a slide switch at the end of the panel on the Tx.
On your model you could use a Y-lead in conjunction with a relay switch and a servo so that one Tx switch position would give you Bridge Up + Lights On and the other Bridge Down + Lights Off (or you could run the lights from a microswitch triggered by the movement of the bridge).
DM

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:20:38 pm »

Thank's for that , it appears the switch then is an ON - ON with no OFF ? Haven't the room for all the stuff needed to do it using the switch so it looks like its the fourth channel (the up / down axis on the rudder stick) & the sequential switcher  :((  . . . that switch on the trans' is pretty useless on model boats it seems . . . wonder why they didn't centre off it ?
Thanks again.
Bill

inertia

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02:19 am »

Bill
Like 99.99% of all multi-channel radio sets the T5 was designed for model aircraft. The fifth channel is intended for either rectracting the undercarriage or lowering flaps, neither of which require anything but Up or Down. On a model boat you can use it to switch a lighting circuit or raise and lower a door, loading deck, boat etc.
Perhaps if you tell us exactly what you wish to control with the radio in addition to steering and motor speed then someone might be able to suggest a way of doing it. I know that you have five channels available and you want to raise and lower the bridge as well as switching some lights. That's dead easy even with just four channels, so what else is it that's creating the problem?
DM

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:37:24 am »

It's KID'S  %%  I just wanted to get the operation away from the joystick's, the little SW**ES jerk the joysticks everywhere when their "in control"  O0 up on the top would've been out of the way  <*<
Easy answer is DONT LET THEM "HAVE A GO "  >>:-(

Bill

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 09:51:07 am »

Another easy answer, get them their own boat to play with or fix limiter covers over the sticks.
I think that subject has already been posted somewhere on the furum where the stick travel
And blanking a 4 channel to make a 2 channel was easily done with plasticard, then remove
The blanking covers when it's your turn to have a sail.

John

inertia

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 09:55:32 am »

It's KID'S  %%

Bill
'Nuff said.  :o You could, however, fit out the model the way that you want it to work but have a manual switch on the model which isolates the bridge and lights. That way you get to operate the full monty but the kids just get the basic controls. PM me if you need any help with proceeding this idea.
Dave M

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:10:48 am »

" BUY THEM THEIR OWN BOAT ? ? "  <*<  I'm not that GENEROUS . . .
On club day's at the lake we're trying to get youngster's interested who stop to watch the action by letting them steer a few of the craft themselves , hopefully they might be the next generation boat builders ( I think it's a lost cause m'self Handycrafts aren't being taught at school's any more)
I've only recently converted to 2.4 Planet , just fishing for what you can & cant do , for the price the Planet is a good buy.
Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.