Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed controller blowing servos up  (Read 1853 times)

Stavros

Speed controller blowing servos up
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:55:04 pm »

Any of you lads had a similar problem,installed speed controller with bec into bait boat nothing happend reciver was also bec so diconnected esc connected batt pack the rudder servo and bait hopper servo sprung into life so I connected esc to reciever nothing happend disconnected esc nothing happened.Installed new reciever no reaction from the 2 servos said a few choice words so went back to plan b installed 2 new servos checked all esc reciever wirign etc switched on and guess what more blown servos,what do I do have I got redress with the shop for  4 srevos which were brand new do I take the esc back or do I just send it back to teh manufacterer and claim the cost of the servos off them

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Speed controller blowing servos up
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:59:42 pm »

Did you at any time have 2 BEC's operating at the same time? and to the correct polarity?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Doc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 02:58:17 am »

Another question.  Did you disconnect the ESC's BEC before reconnecting the ESC to the receiver ~with~ the receiver batteries still connected?

If the batteries connected to the ESC and the batteries connected to the receiver are both the same voltages there should be no problems.  If they are not the same voltages, there certainly can be problems.  Paralleling two simular batteries doewsn't increase voltage.  Paralleling two dis-simular voltage batteries creates 'smoke' somewhere.
 - 'Doc

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 09:42:19 pm »

Matter resolved,faulty Ripmax speed controller thanks for the replys chaps Satvros
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.