Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Hunter  (Read 3469 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Happy Hunter
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:35:16 pm »

Via email to Mayhem....

Here is my Robbe Happy Hunter converted somewhat to clients brief.
I purchased through the New Zealand agent for Robbe and basically built as is, adding another deck in the superstructure.
My client had spent many years watching ocean going tugs come and go from ports in Scotland to the various North Sea oil platforms and wanted a tug that would have the visual appearance of some of these monsters.

The build took four months and she runs on direct drive to two Robbe motors. Has radar and port and starboard lights. Plus a bow thrusters. Perhaps a bit skittish due to direct drive. But looks great on the water. A very handsome model and now clients wants more. So figure I have done something right for my first venture into tug boats.
While I made a few mistakes, they were easily covered up and the build was relatively easy. As long as you studied the plans three or four times before barging ahead. At first I thought a daunting task. But once into it, good fun. I did have a lot of help from friends who had built many a RC model. So that made the task a lot easier.

cheers, Graeme Martin  www.shipmodels.co.nz
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.