Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: fishing, anyone?  (Read 17955 times)

das boot

fishing, anyone?
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:47:16 pm »

Anybody go saltwater boat fishing? Bit cheeky I know, but I'm selling my boat tackle to help finance my new sub. PM for details if interested...

Sorry mods.....  :angel:

RipSlider

Re: fishing, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:25:37 pm »

I go fishing.

I mainly do coarse, but I do a fair bit of sea fishing.

Mostly out of Staites and Whitby (mostly wrecks, but this summer will see me hunting sharks ) but occasional trip down south and to east coast of ireland. Only fish from boats though as I never seem to catch anything from the beach.

At some point soon I'm off to Australia to shout at Ozzy programmers. And I'll be taking my rods with me. Big fat british chap Vs 3,000lb great white shark....    :o :o :o

Don't sell your fishing gear mate. A sub is a nice thing to have, but fishing is special. Your not going to get days out at the beach, or on a boat, or seeing sea Horses mating, or Jelly fish swarms, or 80lb conger eels going mental in the bottom of the boat and biting your best friend with a toy submarine.

At the end of the day, Model boats is a hobby. Fishing is a way to re-set your brain and relax your body. if you *have* to choose - choose the fishing.

Just my opinion

steve

andygh

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:29:30 am »

At the end of the day, Model boats is a hobby. Fishing is a way to re-set your brain and relax your body. if you *have* to choose - choose the fishing

Funny, I see it the other way around these days  :-\

das boot

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:11:33 am »

I need to sell my tackle because:

[a] After my heart attack I don't really want to go fishing again[I had my heart attack whilst fishing]
I'm riddled with rheumatoid arthritis and fishing is getting more and more painful day by day
[c] I need something to do during the long winter evenings, and model boat building is an ideal way to fill a couple of hours after work
[d] Now I'm on my own again I have nobody to complain if I leave a half built model sitting on the dining table!

Cheers,

Rich

das boot

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 01:33:29 pm »

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 01:48:43 pm »

I go fishing.

. Your not going to get days out at the beach, or on a boat, or seeing sea Horses mating, or Jelly fish swarms, or 80lb conger eels going mental in the bottom of the boat and biting your best friend with a toy submarine.

Just my opinion

steve

Do you mean Rich's friend has a toy submarine, or even weirder an 80lb conger that bites people using a toy submarine ?  Sorry Steve, just my weird sense of humour  :D Must try and get out more !

Mike

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 03:08:43 pm »

Fishing?

Oh yeah, i do a little of that now and then...  O0

das boot

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 04:42:13 pm »

I think you are supposed to take the picture of what you catch, not what you are using as bait....         {-)

I'm getting me coat...

offshore1987

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 02:44:54 pm »

course fishing all the way  O0

have done some sea stuff but the peacefull ness of course fishing is where its at for me :)

like said ebay would probs be a good place

das boot

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 09:21:06 pm »

Good old ebay...just sold the tackle. Model shop...here I come!!    O0

Don't you just lurve it when a plan comes together.....

Cheers,

Rich

wugamumtafish

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:28:00 pm »

Started last year. Adament I wouldn't just Carp fish. Now sunny afternoons ( and rainy ones) find me trying to convince carp to come to Daddy. Nice and relaxing though. Now, about a bait boat...............

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:20 pm »

Carp???  :o They are a noxious pest in freshwater lakes and dams here in Australia. If you catch one it must be killed,  <*< it's illegal to release them alive. :police:

Peter.

mickyrubble

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:21:20 am »

Hi every one ,
 best fishing by far is pike fishing in Ireland,my personal best was a 21lb 9oz got about 3 years ago.My twin daughters also pike fish,one (Sarah) landed a pike 20lb 6oz and Victoria won a Junior contest with a fish of 12bl 5oz.
I  also do some sea fishing and salmon,but pike is number one.Transport can be a bit awkward as my only transport is 2001 honda vf 800 which is probably the best bike around.
fishing some of the really big Loughs in Ireland can be challenging,but come on over and try it   if you don't like it you can always sail the models or try the black stuff %% %% %%

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 03:51:34 am »

Carp???  :o They are a noxious pest in freshwater lakes and dams here in Australia. If you catch one it must be killed,  <*< it's illegal to release them alive. :police:

Peter.

How can they be considered noxious if you don't eat them? They're bottom feeders and clean up the bottom of water ways of what ever garbage man and nature have deposited. Seems like a good idea to me.  {:-{

John

dan

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 07:46:32 am »

i like to do a little bit of fishing when i get the chance.

Peter.

the price some people pay over here to get carp this size in my pic it would be a crime to kill them

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 08:41:50 am »

The reason carp are a noxious species in Australia is that they are not a native fish, and are breeding at a rapid rate. They are killing off our native species and doing damage to our inland waterways.

Have a look at this website http://www.feral.org.au/content/species/carp.cfm

Peter.

nhp651

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:48 am »

there ya go, Peter

start an export busines to japan and all points west...........you'd make your millions, and save your native species into the bargain??lol {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) %% %%

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 10:42:52 am »

The reason carp are a noxious species in Australia is that they are not a native fish, and are breeding at a rapid rate. They are killing off our native species and doing damage to our inland waterways.

Have a look at this website http://www.feral.org.au/content/species/carp.cfm

Peter.

Interesting. Thanks for the web site. We have carp in North America, but certainly not to that extent. That said, there have been other imported animal species that have had major detrimental effects to native North American species.
  I guess you got stuck  with the effects of rabbits the same way? Amazing how we, as humans, keeping messing things up.

John

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 11:33:31 pm »

I guess you got stuck  with the effects of rabbits the same way? Amazing how we, as humans, keeping messing things up.

Not to mention cane toads, an enormous problem in the warmer and wetter regions of Australia.
I could also mention foxes, lantana bush, etc, etc, etc.

Peter.

nhp651

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 07:47:27 pm »

There ya' are, Peter old friend..........we brits are generous to a fault..................

Even let you win at the gracious game now and then,   lol {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 12:57:39 am »

There ya' are, Peter old friend..........we brits are generous to a fault..................

Even let you win at the gracious game now and then,   lol {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

I can't argue with that, Neil.  :-))

Peter.

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 08:21:45 am »

Hi Peter

I've been reading this thread with some interest at the way how different countries look at things in different ways; carp are highly prized by anglers in the UK whilst in Australia they are treated as vermin.  Each to his own?

The Oleander plant is subject to similar treatment in different countries...

For many years I lived in South Africa where a law was enacted in the 1980's that made having an Oleander plant in your garden an offence.  This was because one family had used the long thin stems of the bush, stripped of bark, as chicken kebab skewers when having a 'braaivleis' (barbecue).  The plant is extremely poisonous, and the whole family died as a result.

Here in the UK, the shopping channels on TV - QVC etc. happily sell these plants to an unsuspecting public almost on a weekly basis at this time of year.  No amount of warning will get them to stop the sales, and I'm just waiting for another tragedy to happen?

Malc

Back to fishing - sorry if I've hijacked this thread?

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 08:31:41 pm »

Can't resist any longer...

Here are a couple of pictures of my fishing trip... :}

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 11:13:21 pm »

What sort of bait did you use to catch the Crown Lager???  :o

Peter.

Stavros

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 11:17:26 pm »

A bottle spoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stav
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 21 queries.