Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: What's your favourite aircraft?  (Read 224670 times)

rathikrishna

Re: What's your favorite aircraft?
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2010, 10:50:24 am »

But when i came to my own experience is..some more differ...rough sturdy outlines of the huge cock pit...oval face window...all switches and knobs are purpose built...joy stick always reminds the perfect controls of the given surfaces at a touch...then when the glass closed..and locked...a slight hum from the ECS alearts me...waiting for the Clarence...then the G Force....it hits the tarmac...nose ups...as its engine roars up..and revs up...then afterburner...WRRRRROOOOOMMMMM.......oh..setting the wing angle for more swept back...then i don't know any known word o explain...its nothing but..ever classic MIG 27..... as i throttles up...my vision restricts to tunnel vision....through G s....through Mach s.......ah...yes...sure it was my inspiration to make a scaled one...and this as the result...

rathikrishna

« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2010, 10:56:59 am »

from that moment...to here...one of the ever favourite to fly... is the Beaver..i love that aircraft much...i know its not a highspeed breed...but still i can remember its almost square cockpit assy, painted overall in chromate green...simple and easy instrument panel...sooo nice...i love the float version than the wheeled one...so this was the result...but actually ..can anyone say about the actual favourite aircraft ever...?   i think no... because i know each and every one will be different, as all they gave us different experience..but still i am trying to find my ever favourite aircraft...its unstopable....

airwolf572010

« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2010, 11:06:31 am »

Very nice work well done looks really great. I will photo the big jet when I build her  :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2010, 11:19:43 am »

Sir it is a nice thing o hear...but i have one more request..will you add some videos here..? most of our members never shoot any videos with own crafts...its sad...i shoot most of the actual footages all alone...so we know seeing a video will be more inspiring than a photograph...will you...?

deadbeat

« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2010, 02:43:34 pm »

One of the most outstanding British jets was the Blackburn Buccaneer, flown at low level it had no match in the world, and it was aircraft carrier borne! I've seen footage of this aircraft doing its low level stuff in the desert of the USA (China Lake I think) with wing tip virtually at zero feet and the Yanks couldn't track it, eventually they gave up in the end and went outside the control room to watch the display.

pugwash

« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »

Deadbeat I remember that film - the plane was so low it was kicking up dust clouds from its wingtips as it fly accross the desert
it totally outfoxed our american cousins as they tried to track it - wouldnt mind seeing it again.
Out in  the far East we were plane guard destroyer for the "Ark" for several weeks and it was great watching the Buccaneers and
Flying pramhandles (Sea vixens) doing deck landings. 
Geoff

pugwash

« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:43 pm »

pugwash

« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

airwolf572010

« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2010, 05:02:57 pm »

Hello Pugwash glad your still around. Here are three flying models I have at the moment all around the 1100mm length mark with 70mm or 64mm or 90mm ducted fans.
All fly well after a it of fiddling.

airwolf572010

« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2010, 05:17:44 pm »

Great Videos tks Pugwash
Wullie is missin all this I bet Hmmm
Chris :}

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2010, 05:17:58 pm »

The Buccaneer was an outstanding aircraft
would be in my top 5 aircraft

airwolf572010

« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »

Probably would Ging you bein a Scotsman and all I thought you would have gone for the Tiger Moth or the Sopwith Camel haha :}

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2010, 05:48:23 pm »

Nah!! there well before my time those :P :P 
I was REALLY lucky got a flight in a buccaneer when I was an air cadet and LOVED it  :D :D
My parents thought it was a wind up until a few months later we were at the RAF Leuchars airshow
and the same aircraft and pilot were there and I was talking to him then they believed me as he was telling
them  :-))

pugwash

« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2010, 06:37:41 pm »

Hi airwolf - don't know anything much about jet models - last thing I had that flew was a balsa and tissue glider,
so please tell me what is the power plant - I can't see any props which I believe some of them have.
But I must add they do really look the part - come to think of it what are they actually made of??
Geoff

airwolf572010

« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2010, 01:34:11 am »

Hi Geoff yes mate no props on these they are powered by 64mm in one 70mm in the other and 90mm in the Phantom and are electric Ducted Fan Jets running on 11.1V Lipo batteries and also the bigger one 14.8v Lipo battery,. They are made out of EPO which is a pressure formed Foam which can take a few knocks and if a prang can be repaired using all sorts of things even sticky tape haha to keep em flying. They are all 4 channel Aircraft and the Ducted Fan Siize is the circumference of the actual fan.
Some Fans have different blade sizes and patterns allso. They vary in performance also the fastest being the Dassault Alpha being the red,green and white Jet.
I really like em and enjoy flying these. I also have a Bae Hawk which is one of my favourites also and have nearly finished that in the Pommie RAF Red Arrows colour scheme.
There are a lot of these around but i still have a soft spot for them being an Aussie Aberdonian and all. :-))

Chris

airwolf572010

« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2010, 04:10:30 am »

Yes Gynger that must have been a great experience you will have many good memories of that.
Here is another of my flying model favourites that I have hanging on the wall. takes off from water aok and im thinking of upgrading to brushless with 3 blade props that will make her hum ding along. Many a history as with the Sunderland Flying boats. The Catalina done in its full Rescue colours with a 6 foot wingspan and twin 380 motors brushed.

pugwash

« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2010, 07:32:25 am »

Thanks Chris I might have to investigate further about buying one of these.
Geoff

Nordsee

« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2010, 12:15:07 pm »

A few years ago I was invited to visit a Dutch Airbase, by a good friend who was also a Senior NCO there. I got a guided tour, sat in a F 16, very small, I only just fitted! Then after lunch I was taken to a large Concrete building where I was allowed to " fly" a F16 in their Simulator. Mind boggling, I sat in the cockpit and with the headphones on got all sounds and inputs that way, the  Graphics were marvellous, in a few seconds you feel you are in a real plane and not a computer. I got lots of sarky comments from my Ground Controller, especially when I got lost, and couldn't find Home! ( There is a cunning button on the left hand stick that when you press it shows on the Head up Display where you have to go to find home!) Landing was going to be another problem but the Avionics solved that for me too! A wonderful experience, and makes you realise what a fantastic job these Pilots do.

pugwash

« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2010, 12:24:45 pm »

My one and only freebee military flight was an 8 hour Maritime patrol  from just outside Cape Town in a S.A.A.F.
Shackleton - had a great time but they used to describe the plane as "one million rivets flying in loose formation"
and the noise was like being in a cement mixer with 40lb of gravel.  Took hours to recovered full hearing.
Geoff

airwolf572010

« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2010, 01:39:22 pm »

Geoff here is a good kit to get started with. Its a great size and a terrific price at 50.00 plus postage thats aussie dollars of course.
and its also an English plane see how polite I am and not say Pommie haha...Have a look its a good starter they are on backorder at this time
but are fairly popular ok

Cheers
chris

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2010, 01:45:03 pm »

One of my favourites has to be the Hunter.  Taking my aunties dog for its walk on the fields at Mad Nook and watching them taxi out of the Squires Gate factory (and watching the rabbits run alongside, the dog was more interested in the rabbits).
Then there's the EE Lightning, I was doing a job at a farm at Freckleton quite near to Warton and saw what was possibly one of the very last UK Lightning flights - mostly straight up and down, but the driver was really giving it plenty and a bit for luck.
Just because I saw a lot of them, through living near Blackpool airport, there are the Dragon Rapides, and the Bristol Freighters.  On their way in from the Isle of Man, they used to chug over our house, you heard them coming from miles away, and next door's cross bred Alsatian/Labrador used to lie in wait, then chase them down his garden, barking furiously, invariably ending the chase with a huge crunch into the back gate.  I dread to think what it would have done had it caught one.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Canalpilot

« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2010, 03:43:30 pm »

To me there is only one favourite and that has to be the B-25 Mitchell with the glass nose. It was a real airplane that the pilot had to fly, not like the modern stuff where a computer does all the work.

pugwash

« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2010, 04:31:07 pm »

Thanks Chris, but I did like the look of the alfajet.
Geoff

regiment

« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2010, 04:43:21 pm »

when  serving in raf at luqa transit hotel many a time invited by shack crews to have a trip extra rations  longest trip 6 hours  nearly went deaf very enljoyable except when in the bomb aimers  place and some one was useing the guns just above my head talk about noise and smell thought the end of the world had come regiment

rathikrishna

« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2010, 08:13:27 am »

Good morning great Friends...and a million thanks for the links of the videos...wow..and the stuffs shown here...soo yummy....all if so is there anyone interested in JUGS...?  the mighty P47ns....?  ohhh...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.