The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

Briganteen Freebooter under sail

(1/29) > >>

Jimmy James:
These are the requested pictures of the Briganteen Freebooter under sail on our lake.
Jimmy

tigertiger:
Wow, wow and thrice wow.

How big is she?

8) 8)

JayDee:

Hello,

Very, very realistic, looks fabulous !!!.
Thanks for sharing.

John.  O0  O0  O0

barryfoote:
Superb and so realistic i thought I was going to get nabbed by the pirates!!!!!

Jimmy James:
Freebooter Spec's
LOA 45 inches,  Total Hight 44 " (keel to main truck), Hull 34" Draught 9", Beam 9"
Control 4 Channel HiTec 40 meg (ie; 1 Rudder 2 Square sails, 3 Fore & Aft sails, 4 Guns)===
All sails can be reefed using jack-line reefing or furled for Foul weather sailing (max Force 5/6 when fully reefed down,, the photos show her in a force 4 to 5)
  5 of the guns can fired, ( the 18 pounder "chase Gun" or 4 of the 18 pounder carronades)
I know the next question I will be ask is how do you fire the guns.. the answer is simple ...you set sail for your local frendly Tesco's and secure a bag of party poppers (£2.00 for bag of 50) then return to your home port !) dismember one of the poppers and remove the firework (( Should I mention here that I take no responsebilty for blown off fingers etc; Use common scense and don't pull the string???) Drill a small hole (1.5mm) in the breach of the gun and feed the string through the hole from the inside ...attach the string to a suitably mounted survo ..and bang away ... for added smoke add a little talc
Jimmy (Freebooter)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version