Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is RED OKTOBER ?...  (Read 245944 times)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Red Ocktober's world tour
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:07 am »

Wow Red Oktober in a nuclear submarine base, you will arrested Xtian be careful  :police: Maybe this is the time to disguise the model as a French Navy model, tricolour instead of red star !  Dont forget that Red O was built in the USA and sent to Europe by Toesup who might be a CIA agent on a mission !  Good to see a metion on Modelisme-Naval-Radiocommande forum . Thank you.  We await photos at your leisure but just make sure you camera isnt confiscated by Military Police !!!!! <*< >>:-( :-X
..well can you land on this?

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 10:53:26 am »

Hello  :-)

Thank you Arrow5 to think about my future in prison and don't be afraid for Xtian with the military police  ;D  yes I will do my best and I hope to post some pics next week-end.

A+ Xtian

Roger in France

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 11:04:23 am »

xitain29,

Do not forget it is supposed to be coming to me in La Vendee (85).

Roger in France

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 11:10:35 am »

Hello Roger

Don't be affraid, we're already talking about you here : http://modelisme-naval-radiocommande.aceboard.fr/5522-660-38053-0-Springer-Oktober-world-tour.htm

A+ Xtian

Roger in France

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 11:29:14 am »

La Rochelle! Bordeaux! c'est n'est pas La Vendee!!!! [those places were suggested on another Web site].

Sables d'Ollonne a Vendee le depart de la "Vendee Globe" certainment! Aussi je propose chez sous marin a St. Nazaire.

Traduction (approximatif) "La Rochelle! Bordeaux! these are not in the Department [county], La Vendee! Sables d'Ollonne in Vendee the start of the [Around the World Yacht race last Sunday], certainly. Also I suggest the sub marine pens in St Nazaire.!

Roger in France

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 11:57:40 am »

Hello Roger

Of course La Rochelle and Bordeaux are not in Vendée 

Gazou said is that he is able to pick up Red Oktober in Vendée up to La Rochelle (his home is close to Rochefort) and then Gazou is able to send Red Oktober to Bordeaux.

Anyway it could be a good idea if you can pick up the sub at St Nazaire. 

But as this post on the french forum is brand new, I think that we have to wait 2 days prior any action ...  Wait and see

A+ Xtian     

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:16 pm »

Anybody capable of putting a route map on somehow so we can see where it has been or is going. Google Earth map references would be useful,  nes pa ?

Roger in France

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 12:24:26 pm »

arrow5, yes, absolutely agree we need a map...bit beyond my tech. skills!

Who will do it?

xitain29, je vous attend. St Nazaire pas de problem pour moi, le meme pour La Rochelle.

[translation] I will wait for you. St N is no problem for me, the same for La Rochelle.

Roger in France

Roger in France

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 12:28:02 pm »

This project is growing, exponentially. It's great. I really do see an illustrated  book or something comming out of this (Guinness Book of Records?). Is someone coordinating the possibilities. Maybe there is some sponsorship somewhere?

Roger in France

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 12:57:30 pm »

Yes the possibilities are endless. The Beeb and their "Container", BBC again with "By Any Means". My inspiration was a childhood book called "Paddle to the Sea" about the native American boy who carves a wooden canoe and sets it off down from the mountain snows of spring through rivers and the Great Lake to the ocean.  Yes some sort of sponsorship would be good to help with the inevitable "dead-ends" that will need finances to get out of. Perhaps customs or other charges that it would be unfair to expect the current " handler" to pay. We are trying to do a "By Any Means" , ie scrounge lifts, transport, time , and effort from total strangers ( except those known to us via the forum(s) . Some very generous offers have already been made and some cash expended while doing trials in the UK, notably  Norry, Stavros and Steamboat Phil to name the pioneers.  Now we need professional standard help I think it could snowball as Roger suggests.

The long Build

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 01:07:43 pm »

You had better be careful , if you remember the Startrek movie, where a simple satellite
"Voyager" was sent out into the void and came back trying to destroy everything !!  you just never know... {-)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 01:30:34 pm »

my work sometimes takes me to  strange places, where springers have never been before !!!   but also places like Dubai, new york, denmark, Germany, malaysia, and my parents live near bordeaux- so i may be able to help at some stage !!!

all in all its just another brick in the wall......

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 02:39:12 pm »

Some very generous offers have already been made and some cash expended while doing trials in the UK, notably  Norry, Stavros and Steamboat Phil to name the pioneers. 

Erm...

And me... and me...  :P

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:45 pm »

...Hi Guys...   

.."RED OKTOBER" is an old campaigner at visiting Navy Establishments...
    It was part of a Warship Display at Rosyth Naval Dockyard last year as a guest of The Glasgow South Ship Modellers...

I Believe "RED OKTOBER" was inspected by several R.N. Submariners whilst there...

...Best REgards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:46 pm »

Some very generous offers have already been made and some cash expended while doing trials in the UK, notably  Norry, Stavros and Steamboat Phil to name the pioneers. 

Erm...

And me... and me...  :P
  OCH AYE an here`s me thinking ye was a modest kinda fella :P Well let it be known by all and sundry that the noble gesture by by by , och whits his name again THE KING o SPRINGERS hisself who donated wan o his revolutionary designs to an unsuspecting world at enormous personal cost :o Ladies and Gentlemen a thank you to Toesup whose inspiration and generosity got the Red Oktober World Tour started by funding it`s (first?) trans-Atlantic crossing. :} :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))  Oh aye and Norry who manfully humped it up and down the country even into Englandshire and risking radiation at Navy bases. :o  .....BTW who donated the servo and 540motor ???? Thanks to them too. :-))

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 05:08:31 pm »

my work sometimes takes me to  strange places, where springers have never been before !!!   but also places like Dubai, new york, denmark, Germany, malaysia, and my parents live near bordeaux- so i may be able to help at some stage !!!

Consider yourself on the books Guy.

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 09:17:26 pm »

It's funny to read this translation in english as it's sometime so different that what said in french ... But most of the time it's not so far !

Sorry, I was thinking that Duncan is the builder and the owner I will change it tomorrow.

Don't hesitated to contact me for any idea.

Kindest regards

Xtian

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:02 pm »

Whew! well thanks Woody. Hope I get to Xtian before Toes sees this. :o   The auto translaters are better than nothing for folk like me but ... {-)  I `ll correct the "ownership" points, :embarrassed:  the rest up to you guys.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 09:22:48 pm »

You were reading my mind Xtian, a bit quicker on the typing :embarrassed: Thanks.

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 09:32:54 pm »

...Hi Guys...

On the subject of the 540 Motor & The Servo...Okay I will own up it was me...But a Big Boy made me do it & then ran away...

If you check back to the pictures of her visit to the Paisley Model Shop, Thats when it happened...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 09:40:37 pm »

Most generous Norry :-)).  I had my suspicions , you will be rewarded...but you`ve got come to Loch Insh to collect :}

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 10:41:22 pm »

On the post http://modelisme-naval-radiocommande.aceboard.fr/forum2.php?rub=660&cat=38053&login=5522&page=0#id794421

An Erratum is added about the owner/builder of Red Oktober  :embarrassed:

Have a nice night (yes is night here !)

A+ Xtian

brianc

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2008, 11:10:03 pm »

risking radiation at Navy bases. :o 
Are you sure about that ????    Norry near anything related to the navy!!!!!!!! I find that hard to beleive %%    I heard tell that he burst into tears recently while buying some primer,just because it was a grey colour  :'( O0{-)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2008, 11:29:15 pm »

No no no...it was because he didnae have an empty can when he was in Rosyth Dockyard :'( Besides it`ll just be undercoat for that big submarine and that will be black when its  finished :-))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.