Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's building what at the moment?  (Read 325402 times)

tugboyben

Re: Who's building what at the moment?
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2009, 03:06:29 pm »

hi all

building a freelance pilot type boat fitted with a 700bb turbo motor i will be running it on 12 to 16.8 volts i have to test this the hull i got of ebay £7 a bargian the size of the boat is 30 1/2 inchs long with a beam of 9 inchs

regards jason

rubus

« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2009, 03:57:47 pm »

%%started on the fleetscale type 22 campbelltown anyone else having a go regards RUBUS

wallace

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2009, 07:52:09 pm »

wallace here  Im building the Sir Lancelot after today got to have a rest nearly cut my thumb off with my stanley knife  it justed slipped  took over three hour to get the bleeding under control.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »

Hope you didn't get any blood on your model, it stains  :-))
Don't Assume Check

wallace

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2009, 08:13:14 pm »

thanks for chering me up not had alook yet it was the big deck I was just trimmimg the bow end  to fit  when the knife just slipped.

barryfoote

« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2009, 08:24:21 pm »

Just goes to show how dangerous modeling knives can be. Hope you make a quick recovery and get on with the build.......By the way where are the photos?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2009, 08:40:50 pm »

Just goes to show how dangerous modeling knives can be. Hope you make a quick recovery and get on with the build.......By the way where are the photos?

You want photos of his thumb Barry ?  {:-{
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

barryfoote

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2009, 10:08:53 pm »

Narhh, seen that type of photo before, but the Lancelot is a cracking boat...

Captain Povey

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11:03 pm »

Hi All, Well after the sea trials of the HMS Caesar it was on with Mantua 'Mincio' Italian lake boat. Here are a couple of observations if anybody else feels like trying this kit. The rudder supplied is a thin piece of plastic which I could not see being of much use for steering. I assume it is made of this material so that it can be bent out of the way should you need to remove the prop shaft. With the kit built as per the instructions it would be impossible to remove the rudder after the planking is complete. So with that in mind I soldered an old spare brass rudder to the shaft and then modified the hull so that the rudder fixings can be accessed from the inside of the boat when it is fully planked. The plastic steering arm supplied was too thick and its mounting hole much too large so I remade it in steel and found some locking washers of the correct size as those supplied were much too big. It is a pity these little details were not correct as otherwise it is quite a pleasure to build. I am now half way through the first planking, (Martin you have even more of my sympathy than before). I am still toying with the idea of upgrading the supplied prop/motor/drive system as I have not got too much faith in the belt drive system. My thought is to squeeze in Robbe 140 drive set with longer prop shaft if it is possible but I am having trouble getting the dimensions of the unit. The following are a couple of pictures to illustrate the above points. Cheers Graham.

Captain Povey

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2009, 10:26:12 pm »

Well for some reason known only to my computer the pictures did not get attached so i will try again Chers Graham.

wallace

« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:48 pm »

Update  from wallace the cut was worst than i thought had five stiches and took 6 hours for the blood to stop.
Never got any onto the wood  back onto the boat today redoing the deck etc and I think i have got it right at long last, but doing abit I open up my cut again had to go and get it done again,will put photos on here of my boat the Sir Lancelot the building over 100 and the deck not on yet but alot of other big and little things have been done all been primed and when it gets abit warmer all wil be gloss ok2

chipchase

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2009, 09:37:17 am »

Well that’s dedication chaps, cut your thumb off but carry on regardless.
(It’s always the blunt blade that does the damage).

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:42 pm »

Gents (and any Ladies out there), this thread is obviously proving to be particularly popular but it seems is now becoming a victim of it's own success.  It has been brought to the attention of the moderating team that some really usefull build posts are being lost amongst the large number of pages here so it is proposed that some of these posts are removed and given thier own dedicated threads amongst the other build threads.  I will therefore be doing this over the next few days so we are going to see some of the posts here dissappear to be reposted in relevent build threads. 

Having had a preliminary look through this thread it won't be easy seperating some of the posts but I will try my best and apologise now up front if anything ends up in the wrong place.  If it does please let me know, bear with me, and I will deal with it. 

Going forward with this thread could I please ask that if you have any good pictures and descriptions of your builds that we start off a dedicated build thread for the model where members can easily find it in the future and enjoy following the progress of a model.  Meanwhile please feel free to progress this particular thread and continue to share your current builds as we have been doing.

Thanks for your help and understanding

BB
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

barryfoote

« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2009, 03:15:05 pm »

A cracking idea BB.....Enjoy the work!!!

Barry

kiwi

« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2009, 06:33:58 pm »

HI,
My little 'Footy-scow'.
just the radio to fit now
designed to the "footy rules for r/c" - just 12 inches on the deck.

kiwi

papa

« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2009, 10:04:23 am »

This is very nice.
I'm particularly fond of the specific types of ships and barges, this really is.
Congratulations to him.

Hi :-) Elf Daddy

papa

« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2009, 10:29:44 am »

Everyone is welcome.

My sons, at the request of a Greek fishing vessel construction mean for him myself, because the original model for me to be very pleased.
This is the NAXOS.

The problem only was that better, with an excursion boat that's more than fishing, so a two-point change compared to the original design drawings.
However, if you change, you have changed a little bit more serious, it is not a mast, but two of planning, which, moreover, allows for sailing as well.

The problem only was that better, with an excursion boat that's more than fishing, so a two-point change compared to the original design drawings.
However, if you change, you have changed a little bit more serious, it is not a mast, but two of planning, which, moreover, allows for sailing as well.
Come on then, I wanted to give back to the characteristics of a fishing vessel as well.
Now it so.

The many photographs are made, because during the time, here in our country, Hungary, managed to develop a web clan modeling, where the only way I can help young people to get to the MSN using the guidelines of the pictures.
Fortunately, more and more people will be like a ship.

Regards Elf Daddy.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2010, 06:57:11 pm »

Lots of chatter on the forum but is ANYBODY actually building any model boats at the moment?!?!?!?  {:-{

I'm still building a lovely kit, the Graupner Pegasus......  :((

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2010, 07:07:58 pm »

I've just finished this.

I've almost finished this.

Hull for new build should be here soon.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2010, 07:44:57 pm »

Quite a busy time for me, 1/24 scale Voith Tug, 1/16 scale Shamrock, 1/12 scale Barnett lifeboat (commision build) and a 1/128 Fleetscale Repulse.... :-))

Russ

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:18 pm »

Still working away at the Anglian Sovereign. Doing the railings at the moment - not my forte  <:(
Don't Assume Check

Captain Povey

« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2010, 10:09:39 pm »

Hi All, I have just started a steam powered launch. Cheers Graham

Double D

« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:18 pm »

Quite a busy time for me, 1/24 scale Voith Tug, 1/16 scale Shamrock, 1/12 scale Barnett lifeboat (commision build) and a 1/128 Fleetscale Repulse.... :-))

Russ

How many pairs of hands have you got Russ???

Let me know if you need a spare pair  ;D

colin-d

« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2010, 07:29:32 am »

to answer the question of the thread;

i am in the process of Building HMS Inflexible, build thread is here : click me

for the future i have on the drawing board a Pelorus Class "Third class protected cruiser" called HMS Pyramus, i am collecting information at the moment.

ianmcairns

« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2010, 09:28:46 am »

Anteo Harbour tug
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.