Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's building what at the moment?  (Read 325362 times)

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Who's building what at the moment?
« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »

Hello from Veracruz, Mexico
I'm doing the Revell corvette, the 1/144 Destroyer, plastic kit's to be r/c, also the Ulises of Ocre, a kit in wood, ready the hull to be sand the fiber glaass coat, but I'm now working at Hospital full time to the people who was smashed by Karl, sad days.
Best wishes

wibplus

« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2010, 06:49:43 am »

Hi all, I built a Comtesse yacht a few months ago after being bitten by the bug when watching a mate sail his Fairwind an our local reservoir.  :-))

Just recently completed the build of a Felix from Krick Models. It was a fairly easy build once I got the hang of interpreting the German instructions and learning how to realise what the plans were directing me to do.  ;)  Not all that easy when you are totally new to building but it gave me the confidence to attempt my new build.  :}

I have now started on building a Bugsier 3.  :-)
I know its a very old kit, but I just loved the look of it and I do prefer the traditional look (not that I dislike the modern stuff).  %)
I bought the kit at the Birchwood show (well really the "other Birchwood show") and was able to get some running gear from FLJ at the Action stand.  ok2

So far, I have pre-trimmed the hull and installed the running gear and RC stuff. (Note to self, remember to take pics).  %)
I will try to post some pics as the build progresses.  :-)

Wish me luck. 

Bill.

Patrick Henry

« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2010, 08:53:26 am »

The USS-SN 'Dragonfish' is completed and operational, just waiting on the work's paintmeister to return from his holidays so as he can paint it.

The Kilo is well underway, just finishing off the wtc for it.

On the slipway is a Revell Gato and a Russian 'Charlie' class, and there's a rumour that I may restore the Deep Quest.

stoney

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58:10 pm »

Hi all

I'm scratch building a 10th scale Trent class lifeboat . The hull ,deck and wheel house are fibreglass .

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:34 pm »

Now that I can at least imagine the completion of the "Norseman" rebuild, I've decided on the next project.
The US (aptly titled) side paddler "Mount Washington" is never going to sail again while remaining locked away somewhere, so...I've decided to lop off most of the underwater hull and re-configure it as a static model. This'll be a new departure for me, and will need a rather large case, but I'm sure I'll find room for it somewhere!
Notes from a simple seaman

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2010, 05:16:03 pm »

That's certainly an interesting engine Bryan.  What originally powered the model then, electric motor?  If so did the engine beam operate in time with the paddles?
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2010, 07:48:38 pm »

Hi there
As you can see I am in the process of building The Surfury – just off the building board and I am now fitting the prop shaft.   The hull is double-diagonally-planked.

aye

john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2010, 08:40:40 pm »

Wonderful John!   :-)
 What woods are you using?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »

Bunkerbarge:- Somehow or another a full set of the 1930s plans for this boat came into my hands many years ago. At first it was the Engine drawings that intrigued me, but as usual things just "growed and growed". The boat looks OK, but on the water it's a disaster!
With great expectations beyond my capability at the time. I really wanted the engine linked up to the paddle motors (noisy geared 6v things). But it wasn't to be. Alas. Still, I suppose everyone has at least one failure! Paddlers? Never again!

ZZ56

« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2010, 11:56:09 pm »

Finishing one tug and already looking to another, if time, space and finances will allow.    %%

TomP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2010, 01:46:08 pm »

3 at the moment with an OTW S class sub on the way can't wait I want it now!! Perkasa 1:24 scale, Caldercraft Vulcano and Robbe S130

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2010, 02:54:45 pm »

That paddler engine looks like a seriously impressive piece of modelling - shame you couldn't get it working! What was the problem with "Mount Washington" - was it top-heavy, or just difficult to sail/steer?

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2010, 04:19:18 pm »

That paddler engine looks like a seriously impressive piece of modelling - shame you couldn't get it working! What was the problem with "Mount Washington" - was it top-heavy, or just difficult to sail/steer?
Edward. Basically a general ignorance on my part. I hadn't realised how important "balance" is for a paddler. The hull is only about 8" wide, but the main deck is closer to 16". I also spent a fair proportion of my life cutting out the paddle wheels from sheet brass. Too heavy!
I've also changed my mind about making it into a "static". I think the thing needs a better home than I can give it, I really don't want to just scrap it. So with the exception of the figures and as a "bare boat" I reckon I could get about £50 for it. BY.

guitar man

« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »

Hi all building a tid tug at the moment first scratch build

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2010, 07:37:20 am »

Very nice David Gates!

More detail of the TID please!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2010, 10:12:27 am »

I started a Tyne Lifeboat from the Model Boats Hull and D Metcalfe drawing before I went on holiday. This is where I had got to.

Now to start again - the drawings are not very clear, so it may not look much like a Tyne when I've finished :embarrassed:

Barrie

Eric65

« Reply #241 on: October 01, 2010, 08:49:07 pm »

Still building the Bismarck, half way through issue 140....just about to start the rigging.....Aaargghhh!

dms toucan

« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2010, 09:08:02 pm »

I am building a Damen 1908 stan tug using a MMM 1906 hull, I have split the hull down the middle and filled the space in between with reinforced
Fiberglass then using the drawings I have found on the net I will make a new deck house,
Martin     

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:22 pm »

finnishing off my HMS Cornwall

plus a few other boats and bits in the background  :embarrassed:

deadbeat

« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2010, 03:52:29 pm »

I'm coming to the end of Deanmarine's HMS NUBIAN, some items still to be fitted when this picture was taken. Many problems and frustrations with the kit. When complete I'll post more photos and go into the build in more detail.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2010, 04:47:36 pm »

Last year i started building the new HMS.Daring, and after a few months gave up as it needed some changes doing in the build, as i did it so could get inside more easier,and thats when i hit the problems, friends told me to get cracking and start building to get it done and in the water, so for a few weeks made some drawings as how to make the changes i need, the superstructure is scratch build in liteply,[ this is what needs changing ] and motors for the two radars, hull is converted, she in 1/96th scale, and around five foot, now i find out that PS SHIPS/Sirmar might be closed, no web page up and running, and as i need some more fittings from Paul to finish the boat off, i am a little down after spending over three hundred quid so far, so i am thinking i might just take a sledgehammer to the thing and smash it to bits.
Please, Please don't rush things! It's supposed to be a hobby and not a race. Rush it and you'll never be happy with the result. Ignore your friends, sit back and think of the way forward. Good luck. BY.

barryfoote

« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2010, 06:30:24 pm »

I'm coming to the end of Deanmarine's HMS NUBIAN, some items still to be fitted when this picture was taken. Many problems and frustrations with the kit. When complete I'll post more photos and go into the build in more detail.

I built this kit many years ago and hated every minute of it.......I gave it away when finished. i just could not make myself put the right amount of effort into the build..

davidsg1a

« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2010, 07:10:00 pm »

Here's my first warship, type 45. These are the pics before putting it in the car today, slipped on the snow and bent the stern tube, so need to try and get intouch with sitek to see if will do me a stern tube only, hard man to get a hold of. I'll start a build log once Iv got a bit further.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2010, 07:31:52 pm »

Beautiful props!  :-))

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »

david,
I am trying not too laugh but............. {-) {-) {-) {-)

only you mate...only you :-))

the props are cracking martin the Clyde ones are the same but MUCH bigger
pictured against my mouse (normal sized mouse) and escuse the paw prints in the second picture

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.