Masterclasses > George's TID Tug

TID TUG

(1/23) > >>

ggeorge:
HI Members,
  It like I was successful the third time. Here are some pix of my TID build. Looking for any detail pix of TID. I have all the info I could locate on the internet. Pix of coaling scuttles and any other fittings that may help.

ggeorge:
Hi Mayhem Crew,
 Here are a few more pix of TID. Here the super structure has been primered. The other pix is of the interiorwith motor and rudder servile. The motor is a power seat motor. Ideal for tugs as they are high torque and low rpm and I use a direct drive. The red mounting plate is a piece of 3/32 steal plate I am sure I will need the balance and it is ideal to drill and tap to mount hardware to.

ggeorge:
Hi Mayhem Members,
 I finally got back at the TID. Had a problem with the Bulwark web frames. They were too wide and the top rail was going to look way out of scale. With them all being installed this was not an easy job to cut them back. I managed to cut them back with a dremal saw blade. So here are a few more photos.
G. George

ggeorge:
Hi Mayhem Crew,
  Just a update on my build. After the rubbing strake was glued in place it was then drilled and screwed with #4 brass flat head screws and then filled and sanded. The stern was drilled and doweled. This is going to be a working tug and I want it to be durable.Here are a few recent pix. The hull is now primed. The next task is the rudder and skeg.
  G. George

ggeorge:
build

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version