Gentlemen, gentlemen, now, please...
Good. Now that that's settled, here's what I decided to do. I have crimped (which, unfortunately, I can't say in Latin). And not only that, but I used a semi-proper crimping tool that I just happened to have in the workroom. I say semi-proper, because I think that it was designed for crimping co-ax cable. But it worked very well with the spade connector, mashing the metal and plastic to a pleasing, efficient shape with minimal effort. Current is flowing from battery to ESC, as it should. On to the next step..getting out the d---ed soldering iron and attaching some capacitors the motor.
Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread.