Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Westbourne Models - 'Let the buyer Beware!'  (Read 133095 times)

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Order Placed with Westbourne Model Centre?
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2015, 05:12:46 pm »

Calling would be a good option but for the fact it's an international call for me.  Probably costs more than the 10 pounds my order was worth.  That's why I am grateful to Martin for trying to call them for me.   O0

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2015, 06:11:11 pm »

Calling would be a good option but for the fact it's an international call for me.  Probably costs more than the 10 pounds my order was worth.  That's why I am grateful to Martin for trying to call them for me.   O0
To all those who say "pick up the phone" I say "Rubbish". If an online (web site) service is offered then it should not be necessary to phone. For many people phoning is either inconvenient, expensive or stressful (I personally do not like phoning strangers for example).

Phoning also leaves what was said open to 'discussion'. That is one great advantage of ebay and Amazon - all communications are recorded independently and despite the odd people reporting bad experiences I've never had an issue with them (I've had problems with suppliers or delivery, but it's always been sorted to my satisfaction or I've had my money back).

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:56 pm »

[ had the same problem so now I buy elsewhere and get great service

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2015, 07:36:28 pm »

One thing this thread has established:  I know how to open a can (or cans) or worms.   :-))

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2015, 07:54:35 pm »

If one thing is certain about this thread that there are a lot of upset customers out there,if I was the owner of the said establishment I would be a tad worried, as a person who has never used the internet site I cannot comment but having read your reports of the service I am very unlikely to risk using it which is sad because there are so few model boat retailers,Ray.   
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

halifax40

• Shipmate
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2015, 08:39:48 pm »

I have had a similar experience and certainly will not try and order from them again. Buyers beware should be the message I think!

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:26 pm »

I have had all the same problems as listed here, Parts charged for & not received, they do not answer phones, do not answer Emails, lied that the parts had been sent already. Sent me some junk to make up for the missing parts, after 3 months of this I just gave up, never again will I deal with them. They will not be around long trading this way.  I must say I have had great service from Cornwall Model Boats & Component Shop & RB models in Poland. My last order from Cornwall was here in 3 days. Mick B.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this discussion are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Model Boat mayhem. Admin. 
Mick B.

jenga

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2015, 11:29:41 am »

I was in a model shop a few months ago while at the coast visiting my daughter, the guy behind the counter was engrossed in his mobile phone, there was no "hello" or any offer of help. i was looking in a mirror backed display cabinet and was also watching him when the phone in the shop started to ring...and ring and ring....eventually he picked up saying sorry for wait he was full of customers and very busy, only me in there!!! Anyway it seems that the caller was chasing up something he had bought that was in for repair and had been waiting 6 weeks, the shop guy was making V signs to the phone and "idoit" gestures, unaware that I was watching him. Next he said he would have to check with steve( not the name he used) as he was dealing with it. He put the phone down and went back to his texting, after a couple minites he picked up the phone and told the caller ," steve is busy right now, but it is all in hand"
steve then arrived and was told of call, he remarked" oh! its still in the office, better send it back to manufacturer" And this seemed normal to them???
wonderful service
jenga

City trawler

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Westbourne Model shop
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:34 pm »

They are still trading but not sure how well. We still supply them with kits

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
For those having trouble with Westbourne models
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2015, 05:18:07 pm »

Anyone know if they are still functioning? ordered and paid for part, nothing arrived, been ringing them all day, no reply, just messages saying this number cannot accept your call.

Bob
I will finish this model

Vts99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Clydebuilt = best built
Re: Westbourne Models
« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »

I ordered few boats before Xmas online and didn't here anything , calls weren't answered and emails ignored so went out and bought same order from another supplier and delivered within a week only to get a call in mid January from Westbourne to say they had part of my order ready so got a refund (2 weeks later) so would say just keep trying to contact them 

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2015, 07:09:12 pm »

Thanks VT, not very good customer relations though is it.

Bob
I will finish this model

Vts99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2015, 07:12:19 pm »

Oh I know they never even gave me an explanation or anything and sounded cheeky when I said I wanted a refund , plus the fact it took two weeks and further calls to get the refund , my order was over £900 so not as if it was just a cheap sale

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2015, 07:34:19 pm »

They are well documented on here, I'm surprised people are still using them, I know I won't, there's plenty of good suppliers out there. >:-o

Vts99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2015, 07:36:08 pm »

Yup learnt from my mistake only go to uddingston model centre in glasgow now or Cornwall model boats

Vts99

• Full Mayhemer
For those having trouble with Westbourne models
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »

Westbourne models has a Facebook page and are currently online updating it so might be an idea if anyone has issues contacting them to try via this page

andynz

• Shipmate
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2015, 11:29:29 pm »

I am a New Zealand customer who has had great service from Westbourne Models, but ordered figures and an anchor winch, through their site, and don't seem to have received them, I ordered them the first time and they didn't turn up so I thought I had miss ordered, so I re ordered, and still haven't received anything. I have tried contacting them via email and don't seem to get any reply. Is anyone else experiencing this problem.

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2015, 12:26:55 pm »

Further to my earlier post ( a year ago ? ) I have finally given up on my order/ refund after many enquiries . I have since used the EXCELLENT services of CORNWALL MODELS . ...service like we used to get from the shop we are all commenting on .
in my own little world

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2015, 12:57:26 am »

Is there a known reason for the decline in "service".
Their impressive website and commentary says they are dedicated to satisfaction etc etc.
They recommend contact by email  which makes sense because telephone messages can be lost misunderstood etc etc
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Stavros

« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2015, 08:04:04 am »

Simple ans to this one....they have closed apparantly so i been told

Dave

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2015, 08:13:25 am »

Anyone in the area or driving past?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2015, 08:35:36 am »

I'm going to the this shop this morning, I know martins awaiting to move to a new shop, he was open last weekend
Regards David

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2015, 10:38:42 am »

They're open and they are RELOCATING sometime in Oct 2015

Can we close this as people jobs are at risk
Regards David

Vts99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2015, 10:45:33 am »

Considering how old this post has been running and the amount of unhappy customers calls , emails etc that are going ignored for weeks or  even months on end and then the staffs attitude this is obviously not an excuse as wen u contact a supplier u want an answer there and then not 6 months later when they decide to take ur money and then decide to answer you just to say it's out of stock , every other UK model shop confirms your order and dispatches within 24 hrs , if you read all the posts here most people didn't even get an answer for this but yet they still took the customers money off them right away , maybe if they can't complete orders then close the checkout area of the site until they can actually complete an order  >>:-( sorry rant over but people like this really ruin UK business and forces people to fleabay etc costing even more UK jobs

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2015, 01:23:11 pm »

They're open and they are RELOCATING sometime in Oct 2015

Can we close this as people jobs are at risk

:o :o Doesn't make sense or answers my question.

You will note I am far away and as such rely on internet buying.

Therefore any difficult/bad experiences are important to me and aid me in who to deal with.

After all my money might be at risk so asking for the thread to be closed without justification helps nobody.

Good to hear they are relocating.

However why is there no mention of it on the site which would advise us to be patient during the transition, as did another supplier who had a closing down sale and an opening sale from the new location, in meantime with business as usual during the transition.
Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.