Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Westbourne Models - 'Let the buyer Beware!'  (Read 133097 times)

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: My visit to Westbourne Models
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »

Oops, senility raging on now, yes Barry.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

inertia

« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2016, 07:00:25 pm »

Oops, senility raging on now, yes Barry.
Bob
Rage? Nah - don't be daft. Simple concern, Bob - just making sure that you weren't drifting off the plot!
Dave M

The Old Fart

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2016, 01:19:42 pm »

Given the comments made, I find it unbelievable that Westbourne are still advertising in Model Boats FEB publication.

QUOTE "currently have on display some 300 to 400 model boats"

Has anyone received anything from them recently?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #303 on: January 12, 2016, 04:09:38 pm »

'Given the comments made, I find it unbelievable that Westbourne are still advertising in Model Boats FEB publication.'

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that they shouldn't be taking out adverts or that Model Boats shouldn't be accepting them?

Colin

abreese

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2016, 04:28:33 pm »

you would think with all this rattle about the shop they would maybe throw a comment or two into the mix?.
news travels.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #305 on: January 12, 2016, 05:56:07 pm »

Thickness of Skin comes to mind.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #306 on: January 12, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »

They do have a very nice website and that will draw custom in. Not everyone uses Mayhem or similar.

Dave

The Old Fart

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »

'Given the comments made, I find it unbelievable that Westbourne are still advertising in Model Boats FEB publication.'

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that they shouldn't be taking out adverts or that Model Boats shouldn't be accepting them?

Colin

As they are not fulfilling orders made from the advert, why are they still advertising anywhere.
just ripping off peoples money.
taking the money and not supplying the goods.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #308 on: January 12, 2016, 06:18:41 pm »

Well they are still advertising in the Mayhem Traders Directory stating they have some 300 boats ON DISPLAY, somehow I doubt that. %)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #309 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:38 pm »

Hmmm, Yes I'll have to review that !   {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2016, 07:53:02 pm »

Hmmm, Yes I'll have to review that !   {:-{

Whilst you are doing that Martin can you PLEASE re do A MODEL WORLD please with the info I gave you as that address on the traders list is totally incorrect,and missleading

Dave

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2016, 09:37:59 pm »

There's been some changes at Nautical Marine Models too. www.modelboatfittings.co.uk I think they are now? Still Burscough based. 07762 000 000

Dave

colin t

• Colin T
  • Full Mayhemer
Westbourne Model.co.uk
« Reply #312 on: February 20, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »

What is wrong with Westbourne Model Centre, I placed an order with them on 2nd January 2016, I appreciate that they have just moved across the road into new premises, I have emailed the three times with no answer I have tried to phone them more times than I can remember with not one call answered, It appears that they are good at taking our money but not very good at Delivering the goods or even responding to emails, and yet they keep advertising in the magazines. Has anyone else had problems with this company.

Colin  >:-o

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Westbourne Model.co.uk
« Reply #313 on: February 20, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »

Hi colint, there is a long thread you can read about the recent events concerning this company, look in the forum 'Traders section' about halfway down the 1st page, thread title 'Westbourne Models', that might answer your questions,

Trevor

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Westbourne Models
« Reply #314 on: February 20, 2016, 07:59:50 pm »

Topics merged
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Hande

• Full Mayhemer
  • Dream being fulfilled after 47 years.
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2016, 05:21:00 pm »

My order and delivery @Westbourne Model

I made my order on Feb 11, 2016 in the webstore.
It seems it was handled promptly and delivery came this week, which is ok as it was international delivery to Finland.

They are live and in business, as far as I am concerned. So no complaints from me! :-)
Trial-and-error doesn't spell failure - right?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2016, 05:40:41 pm »

:o :o :o        %)

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2016, 08:47:07 pm »

I ordered a 40Mhz receiver and a 40.675 RX crystal, plus a speed controller on Tuesday by phone. He said that crystals were hard to come by but he'd get one in a day or two. Parcel arrived this morning just as he said it would. No 40.675 crystal but instead he sent a 40.665 TX crystal and holder, plus a 40.665 RX crystal.

So no complaints from me on this order.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »

nice to see some good news coming from Westbourne models. I hope they they keep it up.

John

Ianlind

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Westbourne Models - 'Let the buyer Beware!'
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2016, 06:48:25 am »

I've only just picked up on this post and would like to say, that after over 28 years as a manufacturer of Model Railway kits and accessories, including a short venture into model boat parts, that I never accept payment until the order is produced, packed and ready to ship. I used to accept credit cards for payment, but these would never be charged until the parcel was packed and ready to go. When I started to wind the business back due to a hand injury, I dropped the cards in favour of PayPal. Just so much easier and safer as well, as mentioned somewhere earlier in this subject. They also have safeguards in place to protect both the customer and supplier, as Ebay also do.
I have seen too many manufacturers/suppliers get into trouble with accepting money up front, then the wheels fall off and you have a situation like the subject of this initial discussion.
I was into model boats long before I fell into manufacturing model railway stuff, and know APS models well. Allan and I go way back and you couldn't meet a nicer bloke! Trouble with Allan is, he likes grey boats and I don't!

Ian.

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2016, 08:16:08 am »

Ian,

Not always, Al's last two were Vidal the survey ship in white & buff and FNS Fugly aka Hoche.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2016, 09:43:38 am »

, I dropped the cards in favour of PayPal. Just so much easier and safer as well, as mentioned somewhere earlier in this subject. They also have safeguards in place to protect both the customer and supplier, as Ebay also do.

Ian.

Oh I did laugh at this bit about Ebay, Paypal.

Truth is the supplier is often very poorly protected by both the above. But agree as a Buyer the world is yours, and in a lot of cases the item as well !!

PP and fleebay forums are littered with posts just like the one on the link below.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Private-Seller-Board/Why-I-m-quitting-ebay-forever/m-p/4698676#U4698676

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2016, 12:06:57 pm »

Hello I have just read the story appalling!
I am not a seller on ebay and do not sell much at all, but everything I do sell I photograph including 14 years ago now my car.

At my last house we had soffits and guttering and things done by a well known National company.  Before it started I photographed each side of my house etc.

The initial work looked Ok but I had queried before they started whether I was protected against squirels getting in to the roof space under my wavy tiles.  The original build had a cement bedding.

I was assured their 'plastic comb' would stop that.  The squirels were in within 2 days.  They are very noisy and like to chew through the electrics.
They came back and put an expanding brown foam in which looked awful to me but apparently this was highly delicious to my new 'friends'.

I had got some traps, and tried sealing places in my loft, which is crawl only, but ended up with a damaged right knee joint that needed an operation!

After that I wrote a letter with my photographic evidencene and after a few phone calls they came around and spent 4 days up scaffolding replacing the cement seal under the tiles all round the house.
Success but at what a cost!

regards Roy

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2016, 01:15:01 pm »

Oh I did laugh at this bit about Ebay, Paypal.

Truth is the supplier is often very poorly protected by both the above. But agree as a Buyer the world is yours, and in a lot of cases the item as well !!

PP and fleebay forums are littered with posts just like the one on the link below.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Private-Seller-Board/Why-I-m-quitting-ebay-forever/m-p/4698676#U4698676

Read the story. the seller made some basic errors and paid the price. Both parties are equally protected with in EU law.

John

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
Westbourne - I spoke too soon.
« Reply #324 on: March 14, 2016, 11:59:06 pm »

I ordered a 40Mhz receiver and a 40.675 RX crystal, plus a speed controller on Tuesday by phone. He said that crystals were hard to come by but he'd get one in a day or two. Parcel arrived this morning just as he said it would. No 40.675 crystal but instead he sent a 40.665 TX crystal and holder, plus a 40.665 RX crystal.

So no complaints from me on this order.
I spoke too soon and have to join the chorus of dissatisfaction.  :((

No invoice was with the parcel, but I remember that it came separately last time. Nothing arrived after a day or so, so I emailed via their website to ask for one. No reply.

The 40MHz receiver was as dead as a dodo. Tried phoning, but no answer. Then my bank statement arrived and I discovered that they'd overcharged me - unless the TX crystal cost nearly £25! So I had another go at phoning with no luck. A very polite email was sent again via their website a week ago, but there has been no reply to date.

Of course, when you email them via their site, there's no copy put into your Outbox so show that you've actually sent it, so I'll send a letter by recorded delivery this time. I'm not holding my breath.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.