Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Westbourne Models - 'Let the buyer Beware!'  (Read 131728 times)

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
Re: Westbourne model centre
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:15 pm »

They are rather good and helpful  :-)

Daniel

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Westbourne model centre
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 08:30:44 pm »

Totally agree.  They have been extremely helpful and ship orders promptly.

Bob K
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Andrey_Green

• Shipmate
Re: Westbourne Models
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 09:45:44 pm »

Guys a think this westbourne model centre not good costumer a order a model Maggie.M a 4 october ..one month passinga 5 times send mail but nothing try call..bisy a think a loose my money  <*<  ..am in Panic.May be somebody tell me what going on? <:(

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

Model Slipway kits come from Model Slipway, so I think a good place to start would be Model Slipway... ;)

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 10:08:32 pm »

Hi Andrey_Green,

Welcome to Mayhem. I'm sure everyone will try and help you.

Westbourne Models are excellent dealers and we all go to them once in a while.  Try a phone call, but as Andy says they may have to order the kit from the makers.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2012, 04:39:04 am »

Have sent Martin at Westbournes a PM about this. 
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2012, 11:45:37 am »

Just heard from Martin, he is sending Andrey_Green an e'mail.

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »

Just heard from Martin, he is sending Andrey_Green an e'mail.

10/10 to DickyD for the customer relations exercise on behalf of Westbourne Models, but to be fair to both Andrey_Green and Westbourne, I've got to ask, is the complaint as it appeared on here, i.e. Had the customer been left dangling since October 4th?

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2012, 01:21:34 pm »

10/10 to DickyD for the customer relations exercise on behalf of Westbourne Models, but to be fair to both Andrey_Green and Westbourne, I've got to ask, is the complaint as it appeared on here, i.e. Had the customer been left dangling since October 4th?

Andy

I find emails from westbourne always end up in my junk mail, even tho I have told hotmail they are not junk several times
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

IanLloyd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2012, 01:44:07 pm »

For what it's worth.

I ordered a speed control from them on Tuesday and it arrived in the post this lunchtime.

Seems OK to me.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Andy

Martin had apparently tried to phone him several times but could not contact him.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Guys a think this westbourne model centre not good costumer a order a model Maggie.M a 4 october ..one month passinga 5 times send mail but nothing try call..bisy a think a loose my money  <*<  ..am in Panic.May be somebody tell me what going on? <:(

Andrey,

As someone else pointed out. Sometimes emails end up in your junk mail box, sent there by the mail filter.
Have you checked your junk mail box?
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 03:10:16 pm »

I wish Martin would respond to me, I've been trying for months now to get parts that were missing from a reversing bucket kit - - -  "we'll email Graupner" - "they're on the way" - "we will send them to you on arrival" etc, etc, etc. Last reply was "you may have to buy a new kit". Great!! I'd spent £1200 with this company.
         I've since had no response whatsoever from them despite having made calls, sent emails, left phone nos. home address and email address.
          Never again.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 04:58:14 pm »

I had similiar problems with Westbourne Tony. I understand that they cant have stock of everything all the time. Charging my credit card & then telling me 3 weeks later that they still have no stock is not on. I have moved my purchases elsewhere, problem solved. ( anyone dispute this I have the emails on file)Mick B.
Mick B.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »

It is disappointing, and I for one am tired of hearing, that whenever someone mentions a difficulty with a supplier/trader, other members, usually around the corner, or on 'friendly' basis with the trader/supplier spring to their defence.

The questioner, usually is seeking if this is a one off problem, or if there is "history" and therefore others should be aware and warned. Much like naming and shaming.

At the end of the day the solution is always with the trader supplier.

Namely good customer service and speedy resolution to "problems'.

Digressing I have a probelem with a mail order trader who is given 'glowing' reviews by members only to find out.

1. No reply to email.

2. Current price list on website is dated 2010??????????????

Gunna build those other boats one day.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 12:45:04 am »

jumping on the band wagon I am having the same problem with HOBBY KING.Never again! I placed an order with them for 2 Esc's and a programmer, on October 4th,only to be told they were out of stock (after they took my payment) Phoning the helpline ,I eventually got through to someone who shall we say  was a little difficult to understand.When it finally dawned on her what I was trying to tell her,all I got was"you are in a queue.others placed an order before you,and we had to send them with the first stock order" Trying the "24 hour" support line,I got much the same.Tonight,I am in a queue to get an answer from "24 hour support",and I STILL dont know when I will get my order,which having not been sent yet,when it does eventually get sent I then have the unknown wait for it to be delivered,probably having to go through customs and having a surcharge on it.Then Hobby King have the cheek to E mail me to tell me the UK warehouse is now open,and guess what? they dont have the items in stock either!
Mick F

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 12:51:31 am »

It is disappointing, and I for one am tired of hearing, that whenever someone mentions a difficulty with a supplier/trader, other members, usually around the corner, or on 'friendly' basis with the trader/supplier spring to their defence.

The questioner, usually is seeking if this is a one off problem, or if there is "history" and therefore others should be aware and warned. Much like naming and shaming.

At the end of the day the solution is always with the trader supplier.

Namely good customer service and speedy resolution to "problems'.

Digressing I have a probelem with a mail order trader who is given 'glowing' reviews by members only to find out.

Generally, I have to agree with these points, especially as I also had some negative experiences with Westbourne Models around 3 or 4 years ago.

Therefore, I was interested to see how the initial grievance of this thread played out and, without adding any bias, was keeping an open mind as I am aware that things can change.

However, although I give credit to DickyD for taking responsibility of a perceived problem for Westbourne Models, one has to wonder what the current situation would be if he hadn't.

Consequently, nothing I have seen here has altered my thoughts, and whilst my feelngs remain the same, any ordering will be made elsewhere.

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 01:15:05 am »

About Us This web site is owned and operated by Westbourne Model.co.uk who are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction.
            :o

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 07:55:37 am »

2. Current price list on website is dated 2010??????????????

Legally, the price advertised is the price you will pay. That's why shops spend hours making sure all their price tickets are correct. I've had two instances now of tickets being incorrect and having to discount items for customers to comply.

All of the above problems are the business of the customer and the trader in question, not an open forum.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 08:53:43 am »

Legally, the price advertised is the price you will pay. That's why shops spend hours making sure all their price tickets are correct. I've had two instances now of tickets being incorrect and having to discount items for customers to comply.

All of the above problems are the business of the customer and the trader in question, not an open forum.
See, don't always disagree with you Andy.

bbdave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:33 am »

I always email companies first to make sure the gear is in stock before ordering if i get no reply there's no order.

This is a big problem with model rail stuff, money being taken for stuff that's not in stock so many of they're websites now show actual stock levels.

Dave

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 10:07:09 am »

Andy,
In law the advertised price is the "Offer to Contract" price and is not legally binding at all.
Several large companies have offered, in 1 case, an iPad for less than a pound.
Once word got round there were lots of buyers, but how many actually got an iPad for less than a pound - NONE.
It is a myth that the advertised price is its "Legal Price".
Under those circumstances how could you ever negotiate a discount.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 10:36:22 am »

I seem to remember when I worked at a well known tv Rental firm , we had an item marked up with an incorrect price, (beyond anything we could get around)  we just withdrew that item from sale. Customer was not happy but there we go.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:47 am »

Not in the UK it isnt.

A business does not even have to sell an item to you it has in stock and advertised as costing £1 or a million pounds. There is no legal requirement in the UK that a business must sell you anything they have.

Shops dont always have tickets on with the correct price but in any event, the ticket price being displayed has more to do with complying with UK legislation regarding 'sales.' For a business to advertise an item as being in a sale and therefore cheaper than normal, it must have been available for purchase at the higher (normal) price for a certain number of days. Im not sure if this is 28 days or more though.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 10:48:57 am »

This thread has run it's course and started to drift  'Off topic'

It is now closed to further comment

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.