Steady there Arrow
back to the build , now this is intended to be a representation of a tug that works the docks at goole whilst not exactly to scale so with that in mind onwards.
Once the hull was watertight bleow a rubbing strake i did a water test to show me where i needed the ballast (2 6v 4ah batts) and it was right in the bow section above the motor ,
so a removable bow deck was made and ligned with a dose of sealant and there were six portholes drilled and fitted (polly pipe and clear plastic) along with the deck clutter which you will see soon.
the rear deck was recessed to the level of the rubbing strake and wash ports cut to allow them to do what they are intended for ,
access to the rudder and servo is via a splender (there are other brands of artificial sweetner available) lid which is to date water proof and a coming around the main access for the elecky gubbins etc .
I made the tow posts from scrap brass tube and the hook from grp sheet which is reinforced under the deck for propper towing ,
the rear deck bollards are from brass rod turned on the lathe and the bow ones are made of alloy rod , the access hatches (round) are orange juice tops and the other one (square) is from scrap ply.
I made a rising wheelhouse from mountboard for the wheel house and plasticard for the guiders , at the mo it is a manual riser need to sort out the gearfor it.
I had to change one or two things on water trials , mainly the 4 bladed 50mm brass prop to a 2 bladed 30mm plastic screw type , far too vicious with the 50 amp ESC , i also had to add some lead sheet midway to keep it level
Back in a mo