Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mtroniks Viper marine Speed control & Bait Boats!  (Read 22956 times)

tight-lines

Re: Mtroniks Viper marine Speed control & Bait Boats!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 06:05:10 pm »

I use 2.4 with viper and still get a whine,except at full throttle

cheers,that rules that out for me then,its down to the other options not,,which is more quiet,,,

barryfoote

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 06:42:19 pm »

Has anyone other than me noticed that there appears to be a couple of forum members who appear to be working on commission with a well known manufacturer and retailer also on this forum ? {:-{.

Very sorry Dicky but this comment is a bit naughty. You should know me better than that....I promote ACTion's gear because it is outstanding and the service is second to none. Never once have I heard a complaint about the equipment, which cannot be said for many others..

As for discount, ACTion do, I believe offer a 15% discount to ALL forum members.

Stavros

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:56 pm »

Has anyone other than me noticed that there appears to be a couple of forum members who appear to be working on commission with a well known manufacturer and retailer also on this forum ? {:-{.

Richard I sincerely hope you are not implying that i am on commission for promoting ACtion products how far away from the TRUTH  can you get

Statement of fact

I DO NOT AND NEVER HAD ANY DISCOUNT OFF ACTION OR ANY OTHER SUPPLIER FOR RECCOMENDING THEIR PRODUCTS SO THERE
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT

If I hear or see anything in print that I do well legal action WILL be taken against said person or persons I MEAN IT

Stav

The long Build

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 07:00:28 pm »

As for discount, ACTion do, I believe offer a 15% discount to ALL forum members.

Think its only  5% Not 15

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 07:01:53 pm »

Think its only  5% Not 15

Too darned right!
FLJ

andyn

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:20 pm »

I think that's a bit far Stav... However I've seen loads of Dave's stuff, and everything I've seen is first rate, our club chairman has enough ACTion kit to sink a ship, all works perfectly. I have one of his sound systems in my Hellcat, works flawlessly, can hear it from half a lake away...

And from my experiences so far with ACTion kit, I can assure you that in my Sylvia there will be a P94 mixer and as many of his other systems I can afford.

Top notch kit all of it.

barryfoote

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:55 pm »

Opps sorry Dave.......I suppose thats the commission gone west then!! {-) {-) {-)

tight-lines

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 07:15:14 pm »

hi guys dont get mad at each other,lifes too short,,do action do any cheaper mixers that can handel 5 amps per motor,,,

craftysod

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

Have a look at the website
under traders or a quick phone call

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 07:57:19 pm »

Very sorry Dicky but this comment is a bit naughty. You should know me better than that....I promote ACTion's gear because it is outstanding and the service is second to none. Never once have I heard a complaint about the equipment, which cannot be said for many others..

You know me better than to think my remark was anything other than tongue in cheek Barry.  :embarrassed:

By the way I didn't mention any names you know.  ok2
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:24 pm »

Richard I sincerely hope you are not implying that i am on commission for promoting ACtion products how far away from the TRUTH  can you get

Statement of fact

I DO NOT AND NEVER HAD ANY DISCOUNT OFF ACTION OR ANY OTHER SUPPLIER FOR RECCOMENDING THEIR PRODUCTS SO THERE
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT

If I hear or see anything in print that I do well legal action WILL be taken against said person or persons I MEAN IT

Stav
Sorry Stavros but I don't think you were mentioned.  ok2
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

craftysod

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 08:21:25 pm »

Could be me,but life goes on,just use what what works for us.
Everyone has their own preference,and who they use

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 09:45:54 pm »

Come on, chaps! Like the man says, whatever floats your boat. It's a big world and a broad church - even in this narrow little corner of model boating. I once had occasion to speak to MTroniks' tecchie guy, Steve, on behalf of a customer. He's a good bloke and was really helpful - 'nuff said.

I've now spoken to Mr Tight Lines over the phone and I think he knows what the score is - at least enough to make up his own mind.

My undying thanks to the President ("P94/1") and the Chairman ("P94/2") of the ACTion Fan Club for their unfailing support, and perhaps a smudge of shame on Richard D ("P94/?") for shoving his tongue so far into his cheek that it became all but history. He's since PM'd me and we're friends again (well, maybe a truce............. again....  ;) )

Lest there be any doubt, no-one gets more than our standard 5% Mayhem members' discount without doing a hard day's work for it - like Bluebird helping me out for six hours on both days at South Shields when Liz wasn't there. Good on yer, marra. Oh - and Wombat pays nowt, but he does  do a little work now and then.....  :o :o

We don't pay commission to anyone at all, but we will continue to support the Mayhem Forum and its members.

Please  continue to suit yourselves.

FLJ

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 10:30:28 pm »

Thanks for the common sense approach chaps.  I really don't want to lock a thread unecessary but any more flare ups of the type earlier and I'll have to. 
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

tight-lines

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 10:44:18 pm »

hi,please can the man that said he spoke to me,please tell me what he thinks once more will be quiet,as far as the esc,,,i think im gona go for the p94 after all this!! so can you just tell me if its gona be more quiet than the viper,i know your a fair man and wouldnt dream of saying anything about viper products being bad so i just want to know if you think yours is more quiet,,,,you can send me a pm if you want so no one will get mad,again about sponsors and stuff,if im happy im gona order soon when i get some money thanks,and thanks for every ones help,,,
my mind is going round and round with ideas for this build,but i just want to make sure i get the foundations right!
so please help me again with more ideas,,and questions,,ive still got a few!,,,but ill give you a rest b4 i ask some more,cheers

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 11:02:55 pm »

the whine ISN't from the esc, it's from the motor
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Stavros

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 11:06:51 pm »

Tight lines I haaev never had a whine from a motor since going Action

Stav

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 11:52:49 pm »

I'm with Ghost, are you sure its the esc whining? It could be your set up, possiblly a tight spot on a prop, or the motor. I have had a number of vipers, and they have never whined, its always the motor or something else in the drive line. Justr a curious question, is a bait boat what it says on the tin? Just to get out off the bank and drop bait? If so, why are you using 2 motors as I would assume speed isnt an issue?, so you can cut down the running gear by 50% on one motor.

As you already have the vipers, ring them, they are UK, and will advise accordingly, before you go splashing out more cash with other makes of esc, which could result in the same problem as you might be diagnosing the fault wrongly.   :-))

tight-lines

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 10:35:26 am »

hi,yeah it is just to drop bait and rigs,its a toy realy,but i want it to be the best toy,,,and the vipers have made the noise with out the propshaft conected and on diferent motors,and my mate braught his round and that whined too,so its defo the viper15's,,,,,,
and yeah it doesnt need to be fast,as such but needs to be not realy slow,,i think you lads that know what your doing would probably think of it as scale speed,or a model ship,or a small tug boat,as opose to the rpm monsters that are fast,,
the ideal set up for one is about 4000-9000 rpm depending on prop size but at a guess it would usualy be about 35ml 2 blade prop,,as thats what most the bait boat companys use,,,but i think i might try a 3 blade prop from reading you guys other posts,,

i dont know if im allowed to post a link to show a video of a bait boat running but if i am ,i can post one, if any of you guys want to help me with my final desighn,it would give you a idea,,ill post some links and if this is not allowed im sorry and i wont do it again and remove them,bcos i know that the fishing sites i go on wont allow links to the out side world :-))

Stavros

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:50 am »

just go for it no probs with that on here

Stav

tight-lines

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 10:47:20 am »

heres the links incase anybody doesnt know what one is,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAS3_aho_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3TuL39coI8&feature=related,,,,,,

the second boat is just like the one im building,with the twin hull points at the front,,the boat in the second video use's bilge pumps,,these are quiet but amp hungry,so im gona use props,

as you can see the they both use a twin hull desighn,with two hoppers to drop bait,,

both basicly the same,,,,as us silly carp fisherman will be out in all weather,,,sleeping next to the lake waiting for the big fish,,,genral boat maintenence is not a option,so what gets sealed in know has to stay there,

one more for luck,,,this is a good video,bcos you can get a feel why the little noise is so important,noise scares the carp,when there feeding,,

link,,,,   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A77cvXre3XE&feature=related

tight-lines

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 11:13:07 am »

upto now i have the hull,two motors,a futaba skysport4 ty4f handset and reciver,two screaming :(( viper marine 15's, 2 futaba servos,
4 11.1v 4000 mah lipo's,with 4 more coming when i have the money,and i might get anougther 2 to make 10 when im out my low money situation,,,power switch ,all chargers for handset  etc,lipo monitor,,,turnigy accucell-6 charge everything charger,,2x 12v 7.5 ah sla batterys,,,2x6v 7 ah sla batterys,,,and a folding solar pannel to charge my batterys

just need 2 prop shafts,2 prop blades,,and some none screaming esc

maybe two more motors,,bcos the ones i have i cant tell what they are,,but they draw 1.7 amps with my fingers holding the prop as hard as i can till i burn myself,to try and achive a working current,,they sound like quite high rpm on 6v,,,but i think they might work ok as they come from anougther bait boat,,,and they worked well in that,,,but i might strugel to get the old prop off bcos they fitted it realy strange and welded it to the motor spine?,,,did work well in the old boat thougth,,just wont fit my new one as its to short,,

probably more info than you wanted here lads,but i might as well put my cards on the table,and see if you can still give me ideas

Roger in France

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 12:20:05 pm »

I am not a fisherman, however, I wonder if it is vibration in the water rather than noise audible to humans which is likely to disturb fish?

Roger in France

stallspeed

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 12:28:49 pm »

- a totally rigid arrangement will ensure that any sound energy generated by the motor will be transmitted to the hull structure, which then acts as a sound box.

Mr Fisherman,I have just tried following Malcolm's hint 5 minutes ago.
How about you just unscrew the motor from its mount,hold it in your hand and throttle up as slowly as you can.
I won't tell you what happened when I tried that 5 minutes ago.
If you then want a remedy for the bait boat look no further than inside a cassette player.

tight-lines

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 12:43:11 pm »

hi thanks,,i have try'd taking the motor out the boat and various motors,and the noise is being generated by the esc but comes out the motor at low revs ,it does go at full chat but when your trying to gently sneak about and manuver your boat under trees and stuff,its like some one
shot a cat,,,,i would use the old mixer board out my old bait boat bcos thats silent,but wont mix in reverse,and they have solderd the rubish atcoms reciver to the circuit board,and i would like to use the quality futuba stuff,ie handset and reciver,
the motors i have run fine and silent on the old mixer,but not on the viper,,,i wonder if action could alter that mixer for me that would be awsome!,,,,i bet they probably made it custom for the bait boat company seen as there the leaders in the mixing field?,,,
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.