I have been working on the driveline at the moment.
These will use 50mm MMM nozzles, and home made shafts and bushes.
Pictures show, in order, the slot for the mounting drilled ready for cutting and opening up the slots.
Next shows a wooden wedge I made to sit between the hull and mounting to align the nozzle properly, then with the mounting dry fitted in the hull.
Then we have a side and end view of the nozzle and shaft dry fitted. You will see I use a plastic disc in the nozzle to align it all.
Then we move on to the prop shaft components. The bushes are made from leaded bronze, the tube is brass.
I haven't finished the 'P' brackets yet, as I need to get the props in place to determine the angles I need to fit the bracket.
Finally we have the tube with oiling tube fitted. To do this, I silver soldered a 25mm length of tube to the prop tube, then drilled a hole in the main tube and cleaned it all out. I used a 25mm length because it allowed me to get a drill down to drill the prop tube. I then slid a longer piece of tube over the first length and soldered it in place. At this point, I used a lower temp solder so as not to melt the first soldered joint.
This tube length was cut to bring the end above the water line. Finally, I turned a small aluminium plug to push fit in the oiler tube just.