The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Springer Tugs

Springer plans - Imperial v Metric!

(1/6) > >>

toesupwa:

--- Quote from: arrow5 on June 24, 2009, 06:44:28 pm ---What was wrong with the original American plans ? {:-{

--- End quote ---

They were in 'imperial' Arrow.. Europe (and GB) cant understand 'imperial' now, it has to be metrical..

I see where the confusion lies in the drawings mentioned at the start of this thread, and when they appeared on the main Springer thread, i voiced my opinion that they were likely to cause confusion, being a direct conversion from imperial to metric and including the 0.2 of a mm.

Even though there seems to be some confusion on the plans, it should be mentioned that there is the RC Groups thread and these (MBM) threads relating to Springers. Also there are a number of us here (and on RCG) that are more than willing to help the beginner if / when they get stuck.

Perhaps it would be better to put ALL of the Springer drawings in one place, the PNW ones, the ones Martin mentioned above and also the PDF's that were drawn by the late Ken Reilly of the San Fransisco Club (at the start of the RC Groups thread)... This means the beginner has ALL of the drawings at their disposal.

That's unless someone wants to draw up the 'ultimate' Springer plans, in both Imperial AND Metric... and fully detailed.. with instructions.  %)

andygh:
GB can't understand imperial? Are you sure?  :o

Arrow5:
Toes being ironic methinks. WHAT WAS/IS WRONG WITH THE ORIGINAL PLANS . The question remains unanswered. Publish the Ken Reilly originals which were very graphic and easily understood by beginners and others.   If it isnt fixable , dont break it !

Peter Fitness:

--- Quote from: toesupwa on June 25, 2009, 02:35:14 am ---They were in 'imperial' Arrow.. Europe (and GB) cant understand 'imperial' now, it has to be metrical..

--- End quote ---

That's not my experience in the UK, Toes, car speedos are still calibrated in miles per hour, and all road signs show distances in miles. When I was in England last year, our hire car was a brand new, 2008 model, Peugeot 207, a European car, but the speedo's main reading was in mph.

Peter.

portside II:

--- Quote from: Peter Fitness on June 26, 2009, 12:50:14 am ---
--- Quote from: toesupwa on June 25, 2009, 02:35:14 am ---They were in 'imperial' Arrow.. Europe (and GB) cant understand 'imperial' now, it has to be metrical..

--- End quote ---

That's not my experience in the UK, Toes, car speedos are still calibrated in miles per hour, and all road signs show distances in miles. When I was in England last year, our hire car was a brand new, 2008 model, Peugeot 207, a European car, but the speedo's main reading was in mph.

Peter.

--- End quote ---
hi toes we still have our feet and inches ,pounds and ounces and all the rest of our quirky means of measuring and weighing , its just that the beuracrats in Brussells want us to get rid and use the metric rule .
Me been a sixties child was brought up to use both , but still prefer the inch scale  :-)) .
daz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version