Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My only boat at the moment  (Read 2328 times)

Dreadstar

My only boat at the moment
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:43:48 am »

I've had this cheap 'Smasher" boat for over a year,just sitting around the house gathering dust. I finally decided to give myself a change of pace from racing 1/8th nitro buggies all the time,an have finally put the Sovremenny in the water. I must say,for a bargain basement ship,she sails well,if slightly over scale on the speed side,though not appreciably so. I've started to give her a wee bit of a repaint,to get away from the kit silver fittings,and before you say it,I know that the liferaft cannisters are the wrong colour. I'm not going to super detail this ship though,as I think that it would be too easy to damage her during transport,if I went for the photo-etched kits. Anyway,her she is,I'm going to try and get some photo's of her on the water today,if the weather keeps good.
 As well as the horrible little kit 700MAh battery pack,I also run her on a Flightpower 1600MAh 2C li-po battery,which gives me a continuous runtime of over 30 mins before it requires a re-charge.

I see,from another post,on this ship,that I need to strip down and re-build the front and rear missile launchers,to get them sitting correctly. However,I have noticed,that not all the Sovremenny class had the additions to the forward radar dish,so I'm not doing anything in that regard,but I do need to built two boat cranes either side of the funnel though.

Dreadstar

Re: My only boat at the moment
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:17:50 pm »

A very short little vid,I hadn't realised just how hard it was to both sail and film at the same time,but here you go.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/xuihpilli/?action=view&current=DSCN1152.flv

OMK

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 06:37:37 pm »

Nice workshop, too.
I just seen your photo album. Love the trunking with the power outlets.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/xuihpilli/?action=view&current=DSCN1149.jpg

Mavis, you earwigging this?
Yeah, I know, I know. I'm just having a 5-minute ciggy break is all.

OMK

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 06:43:14 pm »

Just out of curiosity, can you tell me how you managed to get the top section of text, then you added the photo, then some more text beneath the photo.
How do you do that?

Dreadstar

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 11:38:03 pm »

It's quite simple really,I think that it's because I double space between the photo's,then the text. I take it that it doesn't work that way for you? :-)

OMK

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 01:21:34 am »

No, because once the image is attached there isn't an option for further text.
Let me try your way . I'll attach a random picture......

Test test test test.....

Hey, hey!... it looks like it works!
I'll try another, just in case it's a fluke.....

Spot on!
I think I see where I was going wrong. I was using the 'Additional Options', as opposed to clicking 'Add Image To Post'.

Yeah, I've got the hang of it now.
Cheers!

Dreadstar

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:24:57 am »

You're welcome,glad to be of assistance :-))

barryfoote

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 08:20:37 am »

Hey PMK,

I knew you were baby faced!!! {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

But ain't that taking it a little too far!! :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 19 queries.