Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Other Technical Questions...

Digital caliper Battery?!?!

(1/8) > >>

OMK:
Same as that.
I bought me an el cheapo digital caliper, if only to keep abreast of things. Nine times out of ten I find myself invariably reaching for my old analogue/imperial one.
Incidentally, re: digi caliper -- I would gladly buy anyone a pint or three if you could tell me how to replace the battery in the damn thing.

andyn:
There appears to be a slidey cover thing with an arrow on it to the right of the screen, is the battery under it?

OMK:
Nah, the slidey thing only serves as a thumb grip. There are no visible screws or cover plates - not even on the underside. Since it cost just a measly eight quid I'm starting to wonder if it's meant to be binned once the battery is depleted. The measly price also reflects the build quality. Accuracy is fair to middling, but feels more like a toy rather than one of quality.
Although, I'd still like to find out if the battery is replacable before it gets relegated to the bin.

Dreadstar:
The panel that he is referring to is the rectangular panel to the right of the digital display. Slide that panel to the right to access the battery. I have the same set of calipers,usually left on Imperial I have to say.

OMK:
Yep - I'm hearing you, but the panel you mentioned just won't budge. It seems to be devoid of any tell-tale seams. Further inspection reveals no indication of any panel/plate/cover allowing access to a battery compartment. It's totally hidden.
I'm brassed off with the thing. Watch this..... I'm gonna attack it with a pocket knife/screwdriver/hammer...............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version