Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sheeerline type 11D  (Read 4558 times)

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
sheeerline type 11D
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:18:13 pm »

Hi Jason hope these are ok ,Pete

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]

reinhard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: sheeerline type 11D
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 11:31:01 pm »

Hello Petesubman
Not sure whether you got previous e-mail.
The rusty boat on the left of the sheerline type 11D subs picture is mine and will be the subject of an article in the Marine Modeller (hopefully June issue).
Regards
Reinhard

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 06:23:16 am »

Hi Reinhard,  from the other pics that Chris sent me it certainly is a fine looking model and from the video clips it does run well, looking forward to the june edition of mm, have you managed to get a scale crew yet, Pete

reinhard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 06:14:53 pm »

Hi Petesubman
The type 11D is certainly a fantastic boat. One of the big plus points is having the Ni-Mh battery pack under the dive unit. You can balance the boat perfectly with just the lead weight supplied and you need NO FOAM! I have run it round the edge of our pond (400x80ft) 4 times at periscope depth with no problem at all,a lot of the time hands free. I'm then glad of a sit down!
Not yet found scale crew. Have you any ideas?
Regards
Reinhard

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:52:23 pm »

Sorry for the delay Rienhart, bad weather in the bay of biscay, the crew is going to have be around 75mm, George Turner do some figures at 1/24th, so a little butchery, may be needed, i think Deans Marine do as well , will keep looking, you never know what will surface, (sorry) ,regards Pete

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 05:41:42 pm »

does it dive Mister?

Does it ever son!!!!!!!!!!

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 02:34:25 pm »

Pete, Just after that shot was taken, my boat suffered radio failure due to the high temperature of the pool water, this was due to the B.E.C. detaching from the heat sink and it's temperature soaring which caused it to fail. At the time, I was running the pump, taking on ballast, the bec quit and left me with a running ballast pump which stuck the boat firmly on the bottom.
 An electronic failsafe would not have saved the day since the radio was without power. This is where a contolled 'leak' through the ballast valve would have surfaced the boat but of course one would have to wait till the battery went flat and the pump ceased to operate. In the case of this boat, we would have all grown old waiting, due to the large capacity battery but it proves a point. If this problem had arisen whilst on the pond, we would have a boat back on the surface, albeit without power but at least retrievable. If you decide to build a small leak into your valve cam, the equivalent of a slow dripping tap is ideal. I guess you know all this but thought I would mention it anyway.
Make sure your bec is firmly attached to the heat sink of the esc because without a heat sink, the bec temperature will creep up to its cut out point. When the temperature eventually reduces, the bec will cut in again and work ok . In my case, the swimming pool water was too warm and kept it in cut out mode.
Last point, if you decide to use the boat in chlorinated or salt water, flush the tank afterwards and rid it of residue.    Having said all that, 'hows that new kit coming along'?

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 08:55:38 pm »

Hi Chris, just looking at the upper hull at moment, need to free up another ironing board, before, i can get started

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:13:00 pm »

If you didn't create so much ironing, er indoors might let you use one!   ;D

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 06:00:30 pm »

I might have to let her have one back, trouble is i took the lovely flowery covers off, looks like a trip to poundstretcher, let this be a warning to anyone thinking of pinching the ironing board

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »

Pete!! Don,t squander good model money in poundstretcher, do as I do.. take down one of the curtains, place it over the pristine new cover of the ironing board, making sure you use the outside face of the curtain to do your model work on, then, before she gets home, get the curtain back up quick like. When the mess is finally discovered,.... blamethe kids!!!! ::) This method  has a double bonus, You don't spend your loot in poundstretcher PLUS.. you stop the kids pocket money for a month. Oh and just another thought, as an additional punishment, you could also make them do the ironing for a week, thereby creating a feeling of well-being and relaxation on the part of the missus. Bonus, bonus, bonus!  ;D

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 12:49:16 pm »

Hello Petesubman
Not sure whether you got previous e-mail.
The rusty boat on the left of the sheerline type 11D subs picture is mine and will be the subject of an article in the Marine Modeller (hopefully June issue).
Regards
Reinhard

Just read the article you wrote about the Type IID and she looks like a good sub. Out of my price range unfortunately but definatley value for money.

Davie
Davie Tait,
Scotland

petesubman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 08:32:20 pm »

Hi Davie, the next edition of Marine Modelling has an article about the type 2, this is Dennis,s boat,real name Rienhard, mmmm, shades of Kapitain Bill

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 09:44:50 pm »

Hi Dennis, I've got the new issue of Marine Modelling and thats why I said what I did.Got my copy in the post this morning.

Davie
Davie Tait,
Scotland

magpie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Subs Rock
    • magpieyachts
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 02:27:57 pm »

Hi Jason hope these are ok ,Pete

Thanks Pete! They are very much OK! It took me a while to respond as it's a seperate thread.
Lovely boats, they really are.
Jason
"Where's the sub gone?"
http://magpieyachts.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 23 queries.