If you check the photos you will find the red line on the side of the real boat is quite a bit lower than that on the kit.
If you lower the red line on the kit to match the real one the the exhausts and the waterline are about in the right place.
I beg to differ Dicky.
The exhaust ports on my boat are positioned where the dimples in the mould are for them, also measured (from the supplied drawings) to be sure before fitting. It is definitely 10mm out.
Another thing on my Trent hull was pre cut as they all are. The water strakes on each side appear to be at different heights. (I think you have built one?) The pre moulded rubbing strip that runs around the entire deck edge was exactly the same width all round (not suggesting one side of deck is higher than the other), so this suggested that the deck is level and the strakes would be at the same hight.
I first measured the space I had to put the boat numbers on allowing for the proper width yellow and red lines. First measurement was 20mm, so I ordered 20mm white letters from an on-line supplier. Whilst working on the boat I had turned it to so I went to mount the numbers to find they were to big, so ordered 15mm. Thought I made a mistake when measuring size required. Oh well, it happens but the wont go to waste. But it was not my mistake
. White boat number has been measured and place 2mm from top edge off water strake (probably the wrong name but you can see what I mean). I will never buy a kit fro many manufacturer again.
For the cost of this kit not adding in £200 of extras I could have got a Waverley from Billings and a mine sweeper (indulging both types of boats I love orange and grey).
The picture will explain it better. Look at the difference between the red line and white boat numbers. First pic is what both sides should be.