Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it a springer?  (Read 2415 times)

mark w

Is it a springer?
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:39:29 am »

Here's one for you,

I built this model about 1996: it was based on a full size boat in Lake Powell, AZ. used to push around house boats. The captain called it a "truckable pushboat" because it could be loaded onto a lowboy trailer. My model is 1/12th scale with a length of 29 1/2"X11". Power is 6v with a Master Airscrew gearhead. There are 3 rudders, 1 behind the prop and 2 flanking, which make it very maneuverable but only when there is power applied. The hull is glassed over doorskin and the pilot house is black "LEXAN" polycarbonate. Fittings came from the parts box and the dollhouse stores. About 3 years ago I was looking for a quick way to have another model without starting from the beginning, so I just built this open bridge version which I do like more than the enclosed pilothouse. Do either of these versions fall in to the "springer" category?

chingdevil

Re: Is it a springer?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:39 am »

Nice models but not springers, the dimensions and shape are wrong for them to be springers. Though saying that I believe the truckable work boats are what inspired the springers.

Brian

Bollard

Re: Is it a springer?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:43:01 am »

Nice model Mark

Send some of that Sunshine over here to the U.K.

Bollard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.