Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: KLİMEK TUG Build  (Read 23757 times)

Marco Wegman

• Shipmate
  • Never enough time for hobbies!
Re: KLİMEK TUG Build
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 01:36:20 pm »

Hi All

I don't know if this thread is still active or looked at but I just wanted to post some pics of my first and second projects as mentioned above.

First boat (a cabin cruiser) is done and second one (The Klimek Tug) just started.

Marco

Marco Wegman

• Shipmate
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 01:15:47 pm »

Just some progress pics...

Fisherman

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 10:57:03 am »

I can open the Freeship site ok, I've attached the plans as I downloaded them. Just note that the separate plans are not exactly to the same scale, check the drawing border size. I had to rescan 3, 4 and 6 by 102% to match the size of 1,2 and 5. The first plan is one I found somewhere, I re-scanned it by 300% (in sections) and joined the new pages to make a working plan. The lines come out very jagged (the original is only 640 x 480 pixels) so some interpretation is needed to get them reasonably accurate. The shape for the bow bulwark is not correct (the front is too vertical), so make a new pattern with paper. The cabin parts are reasonably accurate. I also enlarged the deck detail sheets (5 and 6) by 185% to match the large plan to make the details.
The final result comes out looking very nice on the water. I did my doors and details on the superstructure with waterproof ink (looks ok as standoff scale!!).

Hello Kevin, I have just joined the group and plan to build the Klimek Tug having previously built a Malaysian Coastal Patrol craft some years ago. I live in Christchurch and seek your advice on a a few questions to get me underway. Firstly, I have downloaded the plans and they are very difficult to read, so is there an easy way to overcome that or perhaps does anyone have more readable plans available? Re the scale it appears to be  9/16 t0 !", so I would need to enlarge the drawings by 1.8 (you also found this with your suggestion of +186%) and that may make them quite difficult to read the detail. If it helps let me know your phone number. Many thanks, Ron Parry

pp

[/quote]
Save

Marco Wegman

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:05 pm »

Hi Ron

If you are struggling I have done some work on this and have some combined plans in Coral draw format.  They are the same plans you have just combined and enlarged. My Klimek is approx one meter long and the drawings on Coral draw are 1:1 for that size.  Let me know if you want them.  Just send me your e mail.

Marco

Fisherman

• Shipmate
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 08:58:36 pm »

Hi Marco, yes I would appreciate a copy of them - thanks. You mention your Klimek photos in other messages but I couldn't see them so would appreciate having a look. Cheers

Marco Wegman

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 07:42:01 am »

Morning from RSA

Please mail me at the address below and I will send the files to you. I can only see the images I posted if I am logged in.  Have tried to upload new ones now but it is asking me for a http:// location??

I can also send you some pics if you want to your email address.

Looks to me like something on this site has changed with uploading pictures? Maybe I am being dumb!

email=marco*********

Marco

It is not advisable to put your email on a live Forum.

To contact this member please click the name tab
ken

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 08:36:49 am »

Fisherman those plans above are just the kit builders drawings and as such you will struggle to build a boat from them. FOr instance to make the frames for the hull, you would need to know how to loft  lines from the drawing and really there are not enough lines shown. Not a easy job even for an experienced builder to do.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 02:25:00 am »

***If members want to contact each other, and even exchange personal details, this can be done safely using the personal message system***

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Marco Wegman

• Shipmate
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »

Hi All

Am I correct in saying that no more pictures can be uploaded?

Brian 60--- I know very little about boats and building them but I have done the hull with only the plans as above.  Did I do it wrong?

Marco

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 04:20:49 pm »

Hi All

Am I correct in saying that no more pictures can be uploaded?

Brian 60--- I know very little about boats and building them but I have done the hull with only the plans as above.  Did I do it wrong?

Marco

I think what tigertiger meant was, if you want to have a private conversation with another member, use the private message facility rather than giving out personal details or offers to share files etc on this open forum.

No you have not done it wrong, you may have a perfectly acceptable ship hull. But with so little information on those sheets above it may well have mistakes which cannot be corrected later. But if you are happy with it then carry on, after all you are the one it has to please the most!

KIWINB

• Shipmate
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 07:51:07 am »

Hello all. I found Ron's listing for his Klimek on Trade Me. A bit of searching and I found that there have been more built,  including one more in Nelson that I know of. Ron and Marco, nice work on your boats.
I found the A4 plan somewhere (the white one in the plan set on page 1 in this thread) and that is where I started.Enlarged that to give 560mm OAL. Any more and the lines became far to blurry.
I found and used the Freeship drawings to fill in all the details. 
The Nicads died so I now use 2S2P lipos from an old laptop to provide 7.4v at 4AH for power.
It is amazing how much ballast is needed to meet the waterline.
Still using Flysky T6A-V2 radio (fitted with 2 18650 lipo's for power), with 3ch GT2 Rx.
It finishes up as a very nice tug, I still trot it out on the lake regularly.

Fisherman

• Shipmate
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2018, 08:12:11 am »

Hello Re the Klimek. I am a little lost in thr current discussion. I am happy to arrange copies of the plans I have if you can respond by Friday. They may assist what you are doing, My email is - Email removed  - or any other help I can do for you - tnx Ron.

PM Ron = http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=19347

Marco Wegman

• Shipmate
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2018, 09:41:35 am »

Hi KIWINB

I also have some higher resolution images of the plans of the Klimek.  If you still need them PM me and I can send them to you.

Marco
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 22 queries.