Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IOM Rules question  (Read 2293 times)

andrewa

IOM Rules question
« on: February 17, 2010, 03:09:44 pm »

Im progressing well with my one meter build but a question on the rules that hopefully somebody can clarify:

C.4.2 WEIGHT
                                                                                                                                                          minimum maximum
The weight of boat in dry condition excluding wind indicator if used ............................................................ 4000 g

Now the question:

As there are three different rigs all of different weights does this mean you have to have a different set of corrector weights for each rig, or is this the weight of the boat without any rig?

Cheers,

Islander1951

Re: IOM Rules question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:55:07 pm »

Push the weights up the mast of the two smaller rigs to make all three rigs weigh the same.
4kg is the min. weight in ready to sail condition.

pasty

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:05:06 pm »

Yes you are correct.
   But first of all always make sure the fin and lead are a maximum of 2.5 kg.
   Then with your boat assembled with the top rig in, the boat should wieh a minimum of 4.0kg. If it is under, add corrector weights to the bottom of the boat ( usually either side of the fin box at point of balance) to bring to just above 4.0kg. This should also include all the electrics and battery as well.
   Basically the boat is set up at minimum weight for light airs.
  Then as already mentioned put corrector wieghts in the bottom of the 2nd and 3rd rig, so making them weigh the same as the top rig.

Don't know how much you already know, so apologies if i am telling you how to suck eggs.

andrewa

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »

Thats exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks a lot to pasty and Islander51

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.