Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its a Robbe Jim..but not as we know it !  (Read 3103 times)

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
Its a Robbe Jim..but not as we know it !
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:58:52 pm »

Hi guys..a few pictures of one of my boats, a highly modified Robbe, its now a type V11 C , U-69 infact lead boat of the class...How about some photos of your models would love to see them. All words and not enough pictures...

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Its a Robbe Jim..but not as we know it !
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:01:54 pm »

OOPs forgot one ;D ;D

magpie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Subs Rock
    • magpieyachts
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 11:40:32 am »

These are my boats subdiver matey!
Robbe U-boat with Engle tank etc.

USS Blueback 1.72 with RCABS

1/108 LA Class Dynamic Diver out of my mould that I bought from Walt Berggren in LA (Where else?)

George Washington kit under construction with RCABS

I have a Trumpeter Kilo kit to convert to RCABS when I get time too. (no pics yet)
Targets:

6 foot Freighter all wooden hull and deck, cabins etc. Electric motors.

Banckert Tub based on Billings kit, but all fibreglass hull & deck with wooden cabins. I used the kit mouldings as female moulds.

Dickie Tug
Now has 6v lead acid battery.

5 foot 7” Pearl Lugger ketch with motor and winch etc.
Semi scratch built on a hull moulding. (I bought the bare hull and designed the rest from photos)

Magpie 90 #1
Scratch built motor sailor.

Magpie 90 #2
Made from mould off #1

Magpie 90 #3
Same as #2

Skiboat that was a billings whitestar cruiser that I converted and made a new deck and everything and supped it up a bit.

Sorry for all this, but I love my boats, all of them, but especially the subs. The lugger is cool too. It sails like a dream and motors at a fast running speed. The gearbox is a bit load, I’ll need to put a belt drive in it one day.
Jason ;)

"Where's the sub gone?"
http://magpieyachts.com

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 10:37:28 pm »

Magpie. thanks for the reply :) :) thought it was my aftershave or something ???  ;D ;D there must be more subs out there. Nice boats though, my type v11 has an Engle tank too, a 750mls centrally mounted running on 6 volts, did a lot of modification to the planes etc didn't like square rod in a round hole...bad engineering don't you know, once again thanks for the reply. Come on guys show us what you got, there are some good threads MUST be some good boats too. ;D ;D

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 12:12:36 pm »

Here are some shots of mine then.

The Deans Marine Cossack, bought from Ebay 90% complete, was responsible for getting me into model boating a few years ago and what prompted me to get into building the Ben Ain.  I progressed the Cossack to about 95% complete but reworked the internals to fit two speed controllers and independant batteries for the two motors.

The Ben Ain has so far taken me three years with a break for the Revel U-boat in the middle.

The U-47 was another Ebay buy but I could never get her to work reliably.  I sold her on at quite a loss only recently but it did teach me a lot about subs and gave me the urge to build my own when the Ben Ain is finished.

The bermuda rigged yacht was built by a fellow club member who puts together a superb planked hull.  He since built himself a replacement with a hull about 3/4" shorter to enable entry into some sort of competition so this one was available at a very good price.

The sloop was another Ebay aquisition.  The thing that attracted me to her was the fact that she was originally purchased in Whitby in 1939.  It was restored recently but due to the fact that it is a solid pine carved hull, she isn't the best performer but it is a very satisfying model to sail.  I might replace the sails though as the jib sail is not the best of shapes and could be quite a bit bigger.

Envoy was bought as an almost finished model but without the internals fitted. I have now put an "Old Smokey" in her and I am in the process of rigging her and doing a bit of weathering.  I have never been interested in tugs but this one caught my eye on Ebay and I really enjoy sailing it.  The first time on the water there was a steering competition going on so I entered and came second!

Finally Badger was another Ebay buy with an interesting history.  She is also quite old and made from a Greenwich Marine Models hull and plan.  Deans Marine made thier model from this at a smaller scale but this Badger at 1/12th scale has loads of room inside and she handles very well on the water.  I added a figure to the wheelhouse, converted from a resin dolls house figure, some cabin lighting and another "Old Smokey".  I have started to tidy up the internals and paint the inside of the hull.  She is going to get a fresh coat of paint on the hull one day and a bit of tidying up internally.  She looks good though with the smoke generator going and the lights all turned on.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

dazz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 09:59:07 pm »

COME ON  GUYS,WE ARE SHOWING OFF NOW ::) ::)

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 10:06:55 pm »

DAZ, mearly trying to obtain something interesting to LOOK AT rather than all the WORDS that get put on here, yawn  ;D
 Is your boat a Riva Aquamarina ?. very classy, much better than the modern speed boats of today. PS I think you caps key is stuck ??? :D

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 11:11:04 am »

COME ON  GUYS,WE ARE SHOWING OFF NOW ::) ::)

Not really, I didn't show them all.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.