Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe-U47  (Read 4198 times)

jono

Robbe-U47
« on: May 09, 2010, 05:43:27 pm »

Hi, Due to ill health, in 2008 decided to have a go at building a r/c Submarine & choose the Robbe-U47. Working from a table top in the Conservatory & with just basic hand tools apart from a pillar drill & Soldering iron. Have just finished the main build & will now have to build a test tank for the final leak tests & balancing as i would be unable to carry these out at the lakeside.

I am pleased with the results of my efforts & hope you like the pics........

Patrick Henry

Re: Robbe-U47
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 07:18:12 pm »

Very nice indeed, looks great to me.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 08:53:44 pm »

Beautiful paint job Jono!  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:33:27 am »

Hi Jono,welcome to the Sundodgers,you have done an excellent job on that boat and after leak tests,trimming e.t.c. should
give you hours of fun !
The feeling of satisfaction you will get after your first run at periscope depth will be indescribable and I look forward to hearing
how it went

Regards Donuts 

bassplayer1

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:32:40 am »

Nice work Jono, I really like it! :-))

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:34:05 am »

Firstly a superb job you should be proud off, I'm sure you will enjoy this model for a long time to come.

I once bought one of these models second hand a number of years ago and first time on the pond I started to play around with dynamic diving.  Our pond is actually fairly shallow but generally clear of weed so after a few runs up and down the surface going slightly faster each time I was suddenly rewarded with a gracefull bow first dive a she slid below the surface.  Unfortunately my lack of experience led me to keep the power on and suddenly the bow went down dramatically quickly and dug itself into the mud.  The stern was sticking out with both props thrashing away at fresh air and there she sat, a testimonial to my lack of experience. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Luckily eventually the mud released it's hold and she slid back slowly until the props touched the surface again and I could get her out.  Still it amused the locals for a while.

Anyway be carefull on your first run.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

jono

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 01:42:02 pm »

Nice work Jono, I really like it! :-))

Thanks, bassplayer1 your comment is appreciated...jono.

jono

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »

Beautiful paint job Jono!  :-))

Thank you Martin, it took a bit of trial & error as first time ive used an airbrush....

jono

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 02:10:57 pm »

:-) Hi guys, firstly i want to thank everyone for their comments on my efforts they are all really appreciated.
                  Unfortunately it may be some time before it is finally all trimmed out etc, & i get to dive her for the first time.
                   But when it does happen photos will be taken & posted on the Forum,

Regards jono... :-))

getemuphigh

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 08:09:43 pm »

Yes looks really great, a job looking very neatly done indeed  :-)) :-)) :-))

silent running556

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 03:22:34 pm »

What made you pick that one mr J? I mean make and model btw.

silent running556

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »

Well i've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a U-47 this evening so should arrive some time next week. I hope i don't muck his up. Does anyone remember the Titanic? :}

Roadrunner

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »

yeah it sank.. but the trick with yours is to make it come back up!  {-)

thegrimreaper

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 08:23:59 am »

If you build it right without any leaks it should always come up unless it gets stuck in the mud or an asda/tesco trolly

before your first launch just check and double check to make sure everything is as it should be and you wont go far wrong

Regards Mark

silent running556

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:08 pm »

You might be right Roadrunner, thanks Mr M. I might change its No though. i thnk its captain will be Leslie Nielsen :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.