The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Steam

Boiler Database

(1/2) > >>

Bunkerbarge:
I'm trying to put together a boiler details database to enable us to complete steam tests on manufactured boilers.  To help all those who no longer have the original manufacturers  certification I would really appreciate it if anyone who owns a manufactured boiler and does posses the original manufacturers certificate if they could let me have the stated working pressure for it and possibly capacity if included.  All I need is something along the lines of:

Hemmens Richmond boiler, Working Pressure-5.6 bar, capacity-500ml.

If the capacity isn't stated, which is usually the case, and you are able to fill the boiler with water and pour it out into a measuring jug I would be very grateful.

To keep the thread clear it may be better to PM me the figures.

Many thanks

BB

gondolier88:
Hi BB,

Have original Cheddar Puffin Vertical Boiler Certificate if you havn't got one already?

Greg

Circlip:
Not trying to argue the point BB but I really think you should give some creedance to the safety valve issue, as reading on another forum of someone "Tweaking" a standard Mamod unit.

Regards  Ian.

Bunkerbarge:

--- Quote from: gondolier88 on May 18, 2010, 12:47:01 pm ---Hi BB,

Have original Cheddar Puffin Vertical Boiler Certificate if you havn't got one already?

Greg

--- End quote ---

That would be very useful thanks Greg, I'll PM you with my e-mail address.

Bunkerbarge:

--- Quote from: Circlip on May 18, 2010, 04:00:43 pm ---Not trying to argue the point BB but I really think you should give some creedance to the safety valve issue, as reading on another forum of someone "Tweaking" a standard Mamod unit.

Regards  Ian.

--- End quote ---

Ian, I can't even remember what the original issue was now.  Could you please either PM me or start a new thread on the subject to keep this thread for database information.

Thanks

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version