Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed controllers and batteries  (Read 2235 times)

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
Speed controllers and batteries
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:44:57 am »

Why do the adverts for Speed Controllers only refer to NiMH and Nicad batteries for compatability ?

-  I use assorted types, with ordinary lead acid batteries in some of my boats without problem both 6v and 12v

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Speed controllers and batteries
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:36:14 am »

I suspect that its to avoid confusing the adrenaline junkies who like buggies and are a much larger market that us boaties.  Trying to explain the concept of volts and amps to that market is at best, and being polite, difficult.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

HMS Invisible

• MICROGYROS.COM
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Yes, it works!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 10:02:48 am »

I suspect that its to avoid confusing the adrenaline junkies who like buggies and are a much larger market that us boaties.  Trying to explain the concept of volts and amps to that market is at best, and being polite, difficult.
I had fast electric adrenaline junkies in mind on the product label but you are actually 100% right,Malcolm. :-)

Note the inconsistent voltage advice which I am once again reminded to sort.(All caused by trying to discourage use of bec at 24 volts to scale boaties)
< All manner of contact methods over to the left.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:58:09 am »

Why do the adverts for Speed Controllers only refer to NiMH and Nicad batteries for compatability ?
Probably because you're looking at the wrong adverts. Have a shufti at the graphics on this page from our website and tell me how many NiMH or NiCAD packs you can see...............
http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/speed.php
FLJ

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 02:36:42 pm »

ah but it wasnt an Action one fitted in the boat I purchased and was trying to identify :)

Got several of yours already though and a few other items I bought and cant remember what they are - note to myself must check your website and work them out !

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 03:08:10 pm »

Then you're forgiven. If you PM your name I'll look your purchases up and send on the relevant instructions (if you've mislaid them).
FLJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.