Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dennis Cater R.I.P.  (Read 3073 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
Dennis Cater R.I.P.
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:18:53 am »

It is with deep regret and much sadness that I announce the death of my old friend Dennis Cater, the proprietor of Eden models. He passed away on sunday evening after enduring a large operation. Dennis was known for the innumerable submarine designs which he produced along with his dive modules and was a highly innovative and successful man in all he did. When confronted by the seemingly  impossible, one of his favourite sayings was "there must be another way" and invariably he found it. His was a shining example of what can be acheived by sheer determination, to Dennis no problem was insurmountable and he was tenacious in his pursuit of a solution.
The submarine world has benefitted greatly from his agile mind and practical abilities.
He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Chris Cloke
Sheerline Model Submarines

RonP

Re: Dennis Cater R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 12:16:31 pm »

That really is sad news, Dennis picked up the batton after myself and John Darnell and others gave it up and his efforts enabled our hobby to continue and increase in popularity.
His products filled the bill and were of a price that was realistic and sensable. The production of his wares continues and is a fitting tribute to his efforts.
Rest in peace Dennis and may all your leaks be intentional.
Ron Perrott

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 08:40:35 pm »

That's sad to hear. I never met Dennis, I did speak with him on one occasion about his boats when I first got into the hobby and was trying to find out what was available. He was very pleasant to chat with, and not at all pushy.

Back in the late 90's he was the only company I can recall who actually advertised a range of model submarine kits in the modelling press (the internet was just beginning at that point)

In the end I decided on another company, as although the boats looked well built, I was less keen on the subjects modelled- just my personal preference.

Patrick Henry

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:55 am »

Sad news indeed, all the more poignant to me at this present point in time.

RIP Dennis Cater...

Rich

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 08:10:21 pm »

I will hold a minutes silence for Dennis at the Norwich naval and sub day as a mark of respect
11 am Promt

Rest in peace mate,we will all miss you but we will never forget you

Donuts

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »

Thats a great gesture and would be a very fitting thing to do 'AD' especially with so many of his designs running around on the lake.
Many thanks.....
 Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.