Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BROOMFIELD model boat club ( North London)  (Read 7947 times)

lifeboatpaul

BROOMFIELD model boat club ( North London)
« on: August 27, 2010, 08:39:57 am »

Welcome  to the club page for the Broomfield model boat club , we are based in  Broomfield park which is located in Aldermans hill , Palmers green , North London N13 4PT

There has been a model boat club  in existence here in its current form since 1982 , we currently have 35 paid -up members (membership only £10.00 per year including insurance) the club meets by the pond side on Monday’s , Friday’s and Sunday mornings form about 9.30 to 12.30-ish with Sunday being the principle day , though you can also sail here any day or evening you wish, we also produce a quarterly members journal.

We do have themed days namely warships day, scale day and sailing regattas round a set course all are lighthearted and friendly regattas for expert and beginner alike, we also display our models at various shows including the London model engineering exhibition at Alexander Place ( just down the road ) and the international model boat show in Warwickshire to name just a few.

Within the club we have a wealth of model builders covering all aspects of marine modeling including steam (as long as you have a current boiler certificate) but local by laws prevent us from using IC engine models ( glowpug/ diesel/ nitro etc..).

Our club secretary is Dave Greygoose who can be found by the pond side on most club days, or you can contact me via the Modelboatmayhem forum ( lifeboatpaul).

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: BROOMFEILD model boat club ( North London)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:47:07 am »

Takes me back, my dad used to take me there to sail my Sea Queen back in the dim distant past.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: BROOMFIELD model boat club ( North London)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:37:03 am »

I was an early member (1983) of BSMSS, as it was originally known, and served as treasurer for a couple of years. The club went very scale sail orientated in the late 80's and my interest waned as this never really was my bag.

The club had some very nice cast badges made up for members, and I still have mine.

These days my primary interest is model submarines, and unfortunately Broomfield is a bit on a shallow side for subs, although very small subs would be okay.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BROOMFIELD model boat club ( North London)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »

hello I remember visiting the club maybe 5 years ago on an open day and was made very welcome.
kind regards Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.