Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video camera  (Read 2371 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
video camera
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:59:17 pm »

I just found a wireless colour camera setup for £48-99in a booklet someone gave me. You get the miniature camera unit and the receiver unit together for this price. The company is called CPC and the booklet is called 'toys for boys'. The telephone number is 08701 202530. They have a webste:  www.cpc.co.uk.  If anyone  has got one of these units, I would be grateful if they could tell me if it's any good. The last time I looked at something like this, they were in Maplins and were around £80-00.
........Chris.......

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: video camera
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:04:39 pm »

I just found a wireless colour camera setup for £48-99in a booklet someone gave me. You get the miniature camera unit and the receiver unit together for this price. The company is called CPC and the booklet is called 'toys for boys'. The telephone number is 08701 202530. They have a webste:  www.cpc.co.uk.  If anyone  has got one of these units, I would be grateful if they could tell me if it's any good. The last time I looked at something like this, they were in Maplins and were around £80-00.
........Chris.......

I have a few of these I have been playing with in Boats/Subs. They are pretty good for what your paying but they work on a CMOS sensor and output at about 380 TVline. For low light the B/W ones are better than the colour. For a better picture you can get CCD cameras (some are already waterproofed for drain pond inspection - just hook it up to a wireless transmitter. They are about 3x the size though. I get mine on eBay from the Hong Kong sellers. Around £20 delivered. Its the same ones you get at Maplin. They've alwaysed worked, arrive in about a week and are cheap enough to take apart/waterproof/experiment.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 08:42:10 pm »

Nice one Mankster, I will have a look.
Many thanks....Chris

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:59:41 pm »

Chris - I bought one of the CMOS type off e-bay last year and mounted it on a servo on the bow of a police boat. I then took the boat out to the middle of the pond, dropped anchor and tried to film the other models as they came past. The pictures were relayed back to the receiver and recorded on my mate's portable DVD recorder. Pictures were acceptable but the main problem was making sure the camera was kept pointing at the subject. Not as easy as it sounds. Lots of pool pics with no boats! Good pics of the onlookers pondside though. I'll never make a cameraman. And unlike Mankster I haven't yet dared to try and waterproof it to try on my Trafalgar!

Andrew

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 12:38:35 am »

Chris - I bought one of the CMOS type off e-bay last year and mounted it on a servo on the bow of a police boat. I then took the boat out to the middle of the pond, dropped anchor and tried to film the other models as they came past. The pictures were relayed back to the receiver and recorded on my mate's portable DVD recorder. Pictures were acceptable but the main problem was making sure the camera was kept pointing at the subject. Not as easy as it sounds. Lots of pool pics with no boats! Good pics of the onlookers pondside though. I'll never make a cameraman. And unlike Mankster I haven't yet dared to try and waterproof it to try on my Trafalgar!

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
You can get different lenses for thos CMOS cameras http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/lens-cctv.htm that allow you to change the angle of view, kind of like a wide angle lens on a camera. They just screw on. If I am pointing the camera out of a small hole I use a pin hole camera, otherwise one the wide angle lens.The Typhoon will have one of these cameras.

Ramesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.