Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Torpedo system  (Read 2375 times)

Nomad

Torpedo system
« on: January 27, 2007, 08:15:16 am »

Hi all, I have been toying with the idea of installing a torpedo system in my Akula.
I know someone has actually come up with it, even a missile system gas powered, and fired from beneath the water.
can anyone advise if they have heard of this also please, any info would be appreciated.
I have searched the net and found video, pice etc, but not any contact details.
many thanks
Peter

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
Re: Torpedo system
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:02:20 am »

If you are a club member, check whether you will be allowed to fire them on your pond - insurance may prevent it. Even if you are not a club member, think very carefully, in today's litigatious "sue everybody" society, about public liability

Rick

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:08:48 am »

Go to the Sub committe website. RC submarines or Sub pirates, they all have at one time run threads on the subject, I toyed with the idea a couple of years ago & considered it for my Trafalgar and have made the fish, but as yet no launcher.
http://www.subcommittee.com/
http://www.subpirates.com/

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:26:03 pm »

Many thanks to you ;D
Peter

steve*mac

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 08:29:51 pm »

I have considered this in my Typhoon, whilst discussing this subject once at the Pond side, a fellow modeller pointed out that its apparently illegal to have any projectile operated by radio control.. this covers model warships firing BB's or smiliar.. and could include torpedoes...

I appreciate this was just Pond side chatter, but its something to have checked out with club insurance or the MPBA..

I currently have any plans for Torpedos on hold, I was thinking of having the Typhoon launching ICBM's aka soft air rockets.. they're scrapped, cold wars over ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.