Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 46" Sea Queen needs running gear help!  (Read 17833 times)

woody_294

Re: 46" Sea Queen needs running gear help!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2010, 05:28:02 pm »

Thanks for the replies all :)

I bought a v-tail mixer with the stuff from GiantCod but I'm not definitely going to use that because it seems to be pretty noisy. The tank steering option seems quite interesting but I may have misunderstood. How then do you control the rudder? I have the Zebra Transmitter and Reciever and there are some jumper pins in the back for mixing which I'll have to look into.

Here's a summary of the electronic kit bought thus far:

2 of the motors i mentioned earlier
2 60A hobbywing seaking 60 escs w/reverse program
a 5s 4.5 Ah LiPo battery (may need a second for run time in the future)
a 2-6s LiPo charger
a 5A 12v DC unit from Maplins
a V-Tail Mixer

I found the difference between a V-Tail and W-Tail mixer, the W-Tail mixer provides you with originals of the input signals, which you already have :) But the one I was looking at had programmable end points so that may have been a useful feature.

Also I bought 2 3 bladed 45mm props and 2 large rudders (55mm top to bottom) from cornwall model boats, along with some 2mm threaded rod, clips, and 2 universal joints with the relevant inserts. My dad is going to go about finishing the boat when he's well enough and provide mounting for the kit so I can come along and wire it up. As soon as there is some kind of progress I hope to provide some photos!

Thanks again guys, couldn't have got this far without you, at least not this swiftly :D I think the plan is to have the boat ready in time for some nice weather in spring.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 19 queries.