Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4ghz maximum operating range  (Read 2079 times)

crippin

2.4ghz maximum operating range
« on: October 15, 2010, 05:12:42 pm »

Hello everyone, its the novice again, can anyone give me any approx distances of operating range of various transmitter/ receivers on 2.4ghz.i.e. 200 metre +. Thanks

colin-d

Re: 2.4ghz maximum operating range
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 05:23:28 pm »

the range of a 2.4Ghz Transmitter / receiver is just about the same as any other form of Transmitter / receiver in the 35Mhz  or 40Mhz range which would be about a mile, give or take a few yards

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 09:02:08 pm »

Usually line of sight as a good guide.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

crippin

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:43:25 am »

Many thanks, Colin and Bob for advice, Tony

Tin Man

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:26:41 am »

Never used 2.4 only 27 mhz.. On the 27mhz we would have problems with large metal buildings / RV / large cars on reflection of signal depending on the distance.
Any problems with the 2.4 on reflection...

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 02:06:07 am »

At the goole club some of the lads had problems with the 27mhz and 40mhz radio gear , where they lost signal .
We put it down to the accumilator (a giant piston/cylinder about 60ft tall by about 20ft wide) been made of steel .
Any ways most if them have turned over to 2.4ghz and not had a problem, sorted  :-)) .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Tin Man

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 04:00:42 am »

At the goole club some of the lads had problems with the 27 mhz and 40 mhz radio gear , where they lost signal .
We put it down to the accumulator (a giant piston/cylinder about 60ft tall by about 20ft wide) been made of steel .
Any ways most if them have turned over to 2.4ghz and not had a problem, sorted  :-)) .
daz

Thanks for the information. It's been since 1985 since my last boat... and had mega problems with large metal objects... the closer the metal....the worst it was.. aluminum boats for recovery were taken out of the water do to interference.

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 07:26:55 am »

Hai friends..i am willing to post my experience here.i was using my r/c s ranges from 18 MHz, to 79 MHz.most of the r/c systems i use are home made, using RX and TX ICs.most of the toy r/c s based around 27 MHz to 49 MHz. so whatever may be the frequency i always add a 5 meter wire in between two coconut trees with an insulator at each end.so it ill give me a range about 1.4 Km from 27 to 49 MHz.for airplanes i use a steel wire lengths over 3 meters on a wooden reaper pole,with vertical polarisation.but i always get enough range with Ghz transmiters.if you want to increase the reception range of your receiver you can simply add a reception booster at the tip of your receiver antenna.its so simple can make on a plastic card, with one transistor, and a tuning circuit, mostly based on C1815, or C 945 transistor.so it will grab any week frequencies passes nearby..cool..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.