Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.6 volts..toy motor..and kort nozzle..result? amazing..  (Read 6600 times)

rathikrishna

Re: 3.6 volts..toy motor..and kort nozzle..result? amazing..
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 08:00:05 am »

Thank you friends..here i have only one way to fulfill my need is do myself..as i have many crafts using a professional radio is not a viable thing. with the money, that to buy a radio system here, i can simply buy a good second handed scooter with CVT.so my Papa always notice my salary as i reached back home..hi..hi..its for nothing but to control me of overspending in RC field..so i wander all over the scrapyards to collect RC toys for me...at first all think it ill not work..but with a little knowledge in electronics we can go further...most of the toy RCs are restricted by range because of the rules of the market.so if we add some circuit to this stuff will pumps up its power up to 3 kms i tested it...but here i need oly a range of 400 meters max..so i will tie a 5 meter wire between coconut trees to get a neat range without fail...

rathikrishna

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 08:01:45 am »

and you can see here my latest wind shield wiper here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6DXutnwW-I

rathikrishna

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 08:03:23 am »

so i hope you all will do something for your crafts...happy now..and wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR...Rachu..

gwa84

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:14 am »

ace build love the work  :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 05:32:41 am »

thank you all....

kalyanprodhan

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 01:50:57 am »

Rathikrishna,

Though this is my first reply post in this forum. If you have already check my asked process, just ignore it.
Just beauty of your boats are speekless.

Actually we can allow motor to heat up but the maximum power can be achieved till the motor is on the verge producing the overheat.

I think the motor you rewind is good but need some higher guage wie of larger turn. Actually increasing the copper volume is good, but you have perhaps reduced the turns. therefore Back EMF decreased as prop speed not increased much but current increased a lot.

However, please reduce the pitch angle of the prop to allow the motor to rotate at little higher RPM and that will make more thrust and reduce wastage of power as heat. As the power is volt x Amps, I am sure, if you allow some more speed and thus voltage keeping the power same, the overall power output will be improved and finally you must get more effective power.

Again, please, increasing the current, needs your brush contact improvement. I have rewind earlier, get more torque and commutator lastly got worned due to my ignorance. So I request you to increase the commutating Capacitor to motor at least 0.22uF disc and give power supply through ferrite bead to restrict interference (Motor sparking) back to receiving circuit. 

Thanks

rathikrishna

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »

Hai Kalyan..by engineering you are right..but my own experience is quite differ, as i researched with it...i was making models from my child hood along with my brother Krishna...but we are in to our own ways, as he is making models from plans, while mine was 100 scratch..and i was teaching Aeromodelling to my students at my base..scale and flying..all we know flying aeromodeling is a mess...lots of Diethyl ether, castor oil..kerosene...methanol..spillage..dirty plane...crashing...desperation..along with awkward looking crafts, means thin skinny crafts with big props...oh..oh..but it was the first time , that i accidently joined in MBMH...i started to make waterbased models with RC..you know, we can keep our models in its scale and actual shapes..no mess..no preparations..just recharge the batteries and go...ommm..yummy...and hours of sheer pleassure...

rathikrishna

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 02:11:42 pm »

so i started to take leaves as i got the pleassure of real RC modeling..and i got ample of stuffs from MBMH...then my main head ache was motor blow out..so i started to alter my motors for me...the main dis advantage of a toy motor is its magnets..some motors from Mabuchi, and Johnson is far better ,sure, but mass produced chienese motors are good for nothing..so we cant allow the motor to heat up, as the property of the magnet is reduced..so my research shows, that, if a toy motor heated up,the torque is diminished..so i found a solution..wind motor for great torque, and use a gear box, with reduced voltage..as we know Voltage = IxR, its too easy..an automatic conversion is done by itself...so i got a high torque, with less amps,for a long time..without heating up...its all got from practical experience..as you are in Bangal, i hope we can meet one day..and capacitors..my experience shows that a mere 104 PF disc is far enough for circuits within 27 to 89 Mhz of radio..and if you are too concern,you can go for 4.7 Uf Non polar electrolytic..and even then can go for a relay switch, with a instant latching circuit, that can hold the motor instantly, and then released..i will post some article here soon..have a nice day..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.