Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/72 Scale Yamato help needed  (Read 1894 times)

Proflooney

1/72 Scale Yamato help needed
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:45:42 pm »

hey guys I been designing a 1/72 scale R/C Yamato in delftship and am 95% finished with it but am running into a snag in the aft end and cant seem to get it resolved.

Is tyhere anyone here  that uses delftship and can help me sort this out? I been wanting to get started with this project just after xmas but this aft end is "xxxxx" and I cant get good plans made from it til I sort this out.

joe

yamato1

Re: 1/72 Scale Yamato help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »

Hi havent used the thing you are using but I am very familiar with this ship what is it you dont understand about aft end

Proflooney

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:08:41 am »

its just how to get it lofted in solidworks as it has that walkway on the after portion etc and also I cant find any real good stations to use for lofting. I got the anatomy of the ship book but those frames seem to rin together in a lot of places

Proflooney

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:09:24 am »

ps i gave up on delftship and went back to what I was familiar with and that was solidworks

yamato1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:38 pm »

sorry never heard of lofted ect someone explain what it is >:-o

Proflooney

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

lofted is taking a bunch of coordinates marking them out and connecting the dots. Similar to creating a graph where you plot out points and then connect them. in the table of offsets you are given dimensions  which you plot out and connect the dots to draw the curves for the Hull stations
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.