Hello Jacques, now, this is what modelling is all about, if you think it's a way better way to do, do it!!! I do things different as well, I don't think I followed the instructions on how to plank the thing, especially after the first lot were in place, I even used 'lollypop sticks' for some of the second lot!
I'm really not sure how I went about it, seems ages ago since I did the hull. I know that there are faults in the resin parts and these have been documented through the Forum. I take it you have the (what is known as) 'the correct' new stern part??, it has the 'anchor pocket' at the 'correct' angle, but is infact still wrong. Whether you decide to fit these parts on now, or later, is definitely up to you! What I did (I think) was to go ahead with the second lot and the decks (not radio control!) then fix all the amended resin parts later. Filler would be used to fix any problems later (always good to do 'Dry runs' to see how far out you are if 'deviating' from the instructions!!))
The stern is where most of my alterations were done (the bow received a fair bit as well!!) and what I'm stating here could infact be described as butchery!! The instructions have you adding (as part of the second planking), the 'ply' porthole sections, I fitted them, but in hindsight I shouldn't have as all the portholes were wrong,(the bow porthole 'ply' section as well has problems!!) this is'nt just because I altered the stern, they just were anyway!!
I have completely altered the anchor pocket position to be 'as in' the correct position visually (to me) as per all the photographs that I have seen of the stern.( A photo is on this Forum somewhere, you can judge for youself!!)I did this by 'cutting out' the socket from an 'old' stern part, drilling and cutting out the pocket from the 'new' one, marking off what I think is correct in relation to the hight from the deck and also it's relation to the aft portholes (when corrected),just a case of slotting in the 'new' anchor pcket (it was like fitting a minature swimming pool!!), bit of filling and you would'nt know it had been moved!!
Doing it my way meant the utmost rear part of the stern had to be altered by quartering it to alter it's shape to follow the lines of the stern and the complete omission of the 'spacer' that was attached to it!!
So, as you can see,it's a lot os work, but in the end, it's up to you, you alone will decide on what is the best way, what I did was a lot of work, but it was what I wanted to do, so I say to you Jacques, go for it, if it does'nt work out, well, I'm sure you can fix it!!...Dave
P/s with the alterations to the stern, the supplied laser decking that comes later still fits perfectly!!