Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from India - First Post  (Read 2136 times)

kalyanprodhan

Hello from India - First Post
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:23:09 am »

Hi,
I am an engineer of Kolkata, West bengal, India and loved model making from childhood. But never even think off that such discussion forum or a large Community with RC exist. However, I have made Non RC and fuel powered boat. Now soon will start RC after reading and implementing. Hope this forum has lot of information.

Thanks

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello from India - First Post
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:10 am »

Welcome , you must be the second Mayhemer from the sub-continent. Our esteemed Rathi was first I think, she gives us much food for thought. My first model boat also ran free because as a 15 year old I could not afford radio. Now  60 years later I am building another version of the same model but with radio control, it is the Veron Thames Police Launch. I hope you can get a radio, there are many inexpensive sets available today. Dont forget to post some pictures of your models. :-))
..well can you land on this?

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:13:29 am »

Welcome aboard  :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

mikearace

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:57:54 pm »

A warm welcome.  Please dont say your going to be another builder from the sub continent like Rathi who will make the likes of me self conscious of my efforts to build a passable model with access to all kinds of shops and ready made fittings etc when Rathi seems to be able to build a fully functioning perfect replica with two bits of balsa, an older PC sound card, tinfoil and some styrene off cuts.  I thought Id outgrown jealousy until I started reading her posts!!!  She is some builder and modest with it too and seems a lovely person!!  If you half as good a builder as her then we will all struggle to match your efforts as well.   

kalyanprodhan

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »

Thanks,

Please dont over-expect :embarrassed: from me like her as she is gold :police: and  am lead >>:-(. Joking, ok2 no comparison plz as she is a master builder.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.