Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haydock Park & 'The other show!'  (Read 5928 times)

balders

Haydock Park & 'The other show!'
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:31:08 pm »

ok2 Hi,
          For the benefit of all who are thinking about visiting either of these shows would the organisers of each please post a list of clubs and more importantly traders.I am sure many like ourselves will be considering travelling great distances to one or the other venue.We do not intend travelling between the two so will choose what best suits our needs or may decide to give them both a miss and save our money for a show where we can be sure of seeing everyone we would like to.
                                                                                   Of course it would be too much to expect you all to be grown up about it and get together at one venue for the benefit of the hobby as a whole.And whilst I am on my soapbox I must take issue with Mark at A Model world.Please note the show season does not end with Blackpool ,the big one as you call it,as there is a terrific show in November at Warwick which for my money wins hands down.Or may be it's not a big show because you're not there!!
                                                                                                                       Well that's me done sorry if it offends  but these comments are typical conversations that are taking place as we sail at our club.We want you all to succeed but please let common sense prevail.Looking forward to the lists.

No alcohol or illegal drugs were used in the production of this posting.The prozac is doing it's job but I just needed to vent my spleen.No malice is intended to any club or individual. :-))

Regards Andy (now hiding behind the settee!! {-)

The long Build

Re: Haydock Park v The other show!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »

With regards to The Model Boat Convention 2011 at Haydock Park Race Course...

www.modelboatconvention.co.uk

balders

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:02:38 pm »

:-))Obliged to you Long build
                                           That,s an impressive list.Many thanks.

Andy.

Darklord

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:14:13 am »

What other show?

Macsmouldings

• Martin
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Supplier of Larger Scale Modelling Accessories
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:23 am »

Guys, Macs Mouldings will be attending the Birchwood Leisure centre show (" the other show") ,come along and say Hi

regards,

Martin.
Supplier of Larger Scale Modelling Accessories

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:18 pm »

Is the Blackpool show on this year ??

Peter

ACTion

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:52:08 pm »

Brief details here
http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/dates.php
Further details have been advertised in the modelling press.
DM

tubby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:35 pm »

Barrys Model Lettering will be attending Haydock Park (the Show).
Measure up and get all your lettering cut at the show,

Barry

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Haydock Park & 'The other show!'
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »

Thanks

Peter

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 12:56:45 am »

We do not intend travelling between the two so will choose what best suits our needs or may decide to give them both a miss and save our money for a show where we can be sure of seeing everyone we would like to.

Here we go again! Year after year the same BORING rant. By "WE" I take it you mean yourself balders? I for one will have no problem travelling the 10 miles, and 14mins 35 seconds (according to rac routefinder) between the venues, thus supporting all traders and organisers, if you are travelling so far, is another 14 minutes such a problem?

HUNTER

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02:09 am »

Hi Guys,
We will be at the Model Boat Convention at Haydock Park. Come and say hello and if your feeling flush buy something (you know you want to!!).
Incidentally, we travel a fair distance to the show from Eastbourne on the South Coast it takes us over five hours on the motorways to get there. We enjoy the show, its worth it as we see a lot of of old and new customers as well as old friends.
We will be showing off our new project of a powered crane barge.
 I am taking my s/h Robbe Smit Hunter to sell at a very good price in the Bring and Buy. Plus a unique Lifeboat - A almost finished scratchbuilt (built from the shipyards drawings) model of the 'LOCHIN 38' which is a fast lifeboat/Rescue vessel for shoal water operation. The model is of the only version that was built for 'CAISTER volunteer Rescue' There are no other model of this lifeboat in the world and was built by the Coxswain of the Lochin 38.
See you there.
Regards
Graham

Darklord

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »

Aah right. Was just a bit confused as I hadn't seen much coverage of the Birchwood show.
I shall be attending both of course, as they are not far away from each other. I need quite a few bits and bobs....
Luckily the Mrs is working... so i can spend a bit more than normal  ok2

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 05:41:54 pm »

I'm sure Models By Design are at the Birchwood leisure centre. It's not far between the 2 shows, visit them both and support the traders that travel all the way to make these shows worthwhile. I'll be visiting both with 6705russell on the Saturday, we'll be there early. Dave.  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.