The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Linkspan Models Norland / Norstar - Development of a kit.....

(1/73) > >>

carlmt:
Good evening all,
With the drawing work for our first model, Free Enterprise V, almost complete and the project now moving to the slipway for construction, our thoughts are now turning to our second offering.  A few modellers have expressed an interest in the vessels of the North Sea Ferries fleet that plied their trade between Hull and Rotterdam / Zeebrugge.

We are delighted to announce that we have now commenced lofting the drawings for the M.V. NORLAND.

Completed in 1974 at the A.G. Weser, Bremerhaven yard in West Germany for North Sea Ferries, she commenced services in that year between Hull and Rotterdam. She remained on this route for 13 years - with a break of 1 year between April 1982 and April 1983 when she was requisitioned by the MOD for war service in the Falklands. In 1987, following lengthening at her original build yard, she switched to the Hull / Zeebrugge route and here she remained until her sale in 2002.

Our model will represent her in her pre-lengthened condition enabling the modeller to depict her in her Falklands guise with helicopter decks etc. should they so wish.

As will be usual with all Linkspan Models ferries, the scale will be 1:96.

More as we go along......
Carl

wartsilaone:
Put me down for one of them please Carl. You have just made me a very happy man and I'll go to work with a spring in my step even if it is half four in the morning.

carlmt:
Ali - yours is Number 2 (Number 1 will be the prototype....)  :-)) :-)) :-))
Already, I am finding that this one is far easier to design than FEV.......

Will want to do the Norwave/Norwind too sometime..............but need to do a bit more research first.....

For the Norland / Norstar, if anyone can spare some detail photos of them I will be forever in your debt. I have the book 'Ships of the Night' kindly donated by Ali (wartsilaone) and it is very useful.......but closer, detailed images would never go amiss!!!!!!!
Cheers
Carl  O0 O0 O0

wartsilaone:
Hi Carl. I'll see whet I can do.

Ali

carlmt:
OOPS!!! Wrong credit given for the book...............sorry Peter (HansP). :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

However Ali (wartsilaone) is also a very good chap and is equally helpful........

Now - where that spade so that I can dig myself out of this deep hole?????
C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version