Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• O.M.R.A. - Weymouth: July 09, 2011 - July 10, 2011
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O.M.R.A. @ Weymouth Spirit of the Sea--July 9/10  (Read 5381 times)

cobramax

O.M.R.A. @ Weymouth Spirit of the Sea--July 9/10
« on: June 27, 2011, 07:00:40 am »

O.M.R.A. @ Weymouth Spirit of the Sea--July 9/10

Well its here already, time surely flies,this OMRA event has got to be the U-Ks most prestigious offshore model racing event on the calendar, with people coming from all over Europe to race, so why not come along and enjoy the thrills and spills of the day,its free to watch and all amenities are close to hand ..We look forward to seeing you all down at the Pavilion.............. {-) :-)) :-))

tmbc

Re: O.M.R.A. @ Weymouth Spirit of the Sea--July 9/10
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:23:21 pm »

shame its the last year for the modeling event at weymouth <:( <:( <:(  ! as spirt of the sea is one of the best events in the uk for all forms of boat modeling  !!

checkout post on the "show events club websites and club events" sub section "commercial events and news" see post weymouth show by "DickyD"  

tony23

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:33:35 pm »

I take my holidays at Weymouth every year always when this event is on it's just a coincidence (honestly) this year I may take a yacht along to sail on Radipole lake as well so may see somebody from the forum there.

bigtee

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:52 am »

morning mark

from what i hear it is not going to be the last year  :-)) :-)) :-)) i have been told it will be on next year  %% %% %% %% %% %%

cheers tony

Del-boy1958

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:10 pm »

Guys
The model boat show will be finished I have had a letter from the organisers.
May be you omra boys may still have a race meeting I dont know but the olimpics will clash
with the july weekend.

Derek

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

morning mark

from what i hear it is not going to be the last year  :-)) :-)) :-)) i have been told it will be on next year  %% %% %% %% %% %%

cheers tony
For those that didnt read my previous posting, here it is again.

For those who didn't already know this, an article in the Nautical News, the news letter of the South West Association of Model Boat Clubs.

The Chairman’s Report --- Keith Hickman

It is with some regret that I have to tell you all that that this year will be the last time that the Weymouth Festival of Model Boating will take place.

This decision, by mutual agreement between Weymouth and Portland Council and SWAMBC, was taken at our pre-festival liaison meeting on June 3rd. Factors influencing this decision included dwindling support from modellers and traders, the increasing organisational burden on a reducing number of volunteers but also, importantly, the financial and logistics effects for the Council as a result of the 2012 Olympics commitment.

This was not an easy decision for any of us but it was felt that after 17 years the event had run its course. From the SWAMBC viewpoint the lack of new blood to help manage the Pavilion and Radipole was placing an unfair burden on those few who were still willing to be involved.

So there it is - I hope that those of you who will be attending the Festival have an enjoyable time. If there are any volunteers who are willing to help with stewarding at the Pavilion or the Radipole we will be very pleased to see you! As this is the last one let's make it a good one!
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

cobramax

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »

Thanks for all the info about NEXT YEARS event Guys,, but THIS YEARS  is what we are talking about ,and that is Definately ON  :-)) :} :kiss:

bigtee

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 03:54:00 pm »

hi guys

looks that way now ,,,,,,,,,,, my information is out of date  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

maybe the offshore rc boat race should be for a medal or two  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) as long as it does not envolve balls then we may be in with a shout

cheers tony

cobramax

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 03:59:20 pm »

Hi Tony,you taking the BIGGIE ?????

bigtee

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:23:28 pm »

hi jojo

depends on what you call a big one  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

but yes the big tee racing team will be in full attendance with the current range of pacer hulls

and just to go back to the 2011 / 2012 events , the Weymouth Festival of Model Boating may not be on for next year but i am sure the OMRA racing will be on , going to try for a gold medal  :P :P :P :P :P

cheers tony

cobramax

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 06:05:20 pm »

Hi Tony.I,ve just finnished talking to the Weymouth authorities and they have assured me that they are behind us all the way for next years O.M.R.A. race ,so I too will be looking for brownie points,sorry .!! Gold Medals
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.