Mess Deck: General Section > Model Boating

Model Boat clubs near swindon or salisbury

(1/2) > >>

samuel15g:
Hello to all

I had to relocate jobs some six months ago  from Nottingham to Shrivenham near Swindon. During that time my boats have been in warm, dry storage .
Now we're almost settled and have the chance to purchase a home in Pewsey... just south of Swindon... I am looking at the locations of model boat clubs in this area.
If I can't find anywhere then the model boat community will lose another member and my boats will have to be "e-bayed"..... with much reluctance.
I have some beauties from yachts to trawlers to steam..and they need to be "exercised" again.
Any advise will be much appreciated... her in doors would like to see them go.... I want to keep 'em and use 'em.
Kind regards
Terry h

Korky:
PM sent Terry

samuel15g:
Hello Korky

Apologies for not responding to your PM sooner but I am very busy relocationg , looking for a house to buy and working.
No time at all for twiddling the RC sticks I'm afraid and when I go home at the weekend my Missus wants to see me around the house... thats a nice change and she doesn't have jobs for me to do either!
Thanks for your response ..... It would appear from the overall lack of response/advise from fellow boaters that any club near Swindon or Salisbury may be few and far between.

Once I  have my boats down here with me......... thouigh my fleet will be somewhat depleted as the chap that's buying my house in Nottingham would like to purchase a couple ... I'll be back in touch for a possible natter and boating session
Thanks once again
Terry H

broger:
Hi Terry
Have a look at this website
http://www.swambc.webeden.co.uk/#/member-clubs/4515502346
The closest i think is Bath and thats about 32 miles away.
I live in melksham, wilts and have just started building a steam boat,
but i'm afaid we have no clubs near us so realy glad for this website.
best wishes
Alan

SteamboatPhil:
Swindon Model Boat Club
Venue:Coate Water Park  (M4  Junct 15)
Steam, IC and electric
Contact Brian Young    01285 652 624

Hope this helps, good luck with the move   :-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version