The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Pleasure boats, Sports, Race, Power and Leisure Boats:

Aquarama Build

(1/88) > >>

ukmike:
Just started to assemble this Amati Riva Aquarama. It's the first time I have built a model boat so I expect there will be mistakes along the way.

I decided to go with brushless motors as I have used these in some of my model aircraft in the past as they have immense power for there size and weight.
Decided on a pair of Turnigey 540L inrunners with water jackets and 2  70amp esc's, watercooled with reverse.
The power is going to be 2x 2cell LiPo's  30C  5500 mah.
What attracted me to the 540L was the fact that they have internal cooling fans, which must add to the cooling.
May also add a fan assisted extraction system to the engine bay as this appears to be a close compartment.

Anyway chaps and chapesses here are some picts to look at and by the way please chip in with any suggestions and help and if you see that I am making monumental errors
please let me know as I'm sure there will be some.

Mike.

ukmike:
Will have to reduce the resolution on my camera as it's not possible to post more than a couple of photos per post.

Sorry.
Mike

Timo2:
Hi mike

Ref Motor   Look good lots of power not over revving  :-)  but i think it;s a 3cell pack supply  ok2

Try Photo Re-sizer :-       VSO Image Resizer

Timo2

ukmike:
Hi Timo.
You are correct, the batteries that I have ordered are indeed 3 cell, my mistake.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

ukmike:
A few more photos, thanks to Timo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version