Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronics help  (Read 1726 times)

andreas1986

Electronics help
« on: August 12, 2011, 04:08:15 pm »

hi ther eim  a complete newb to doing RC internals...help

how do i match up the battery volts-amps  to the speed controller ampige which is appropiate to the motor im looking at useing which is a 30amp brushless. ive tried researching on the subject but have not found anything in english...all to techinical for my little brain!

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!  :-))

fatcat123

andreas1986

Re: Electronics help
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »

thank you, this has helped alittle but im still slightly conffused. 40amp motor,40 amp speed controller, 40 amp battery? :S

Timo2

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »

Hi

Have a look at    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/   

All good info

Timo2

P.S.   Where in the world are you it help in giving info.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 08:32:00 pm »

A 40 amp motor would need as a minimum a 40 amp speed controller.Best to rate the speed controller (esc)
higher as a stalled motor can draw a lot more amps. 40 amp is quite a powerful motor. What vessel are you
using it in? Amp hrs is the capacity of the battery and is not related directly to motor amps.A 40 amp battery
will give 40 amp for one hr. A 20 amp hr battery could give 40 amp for half hr.There is a proviso. A small
pb (lead acid) battery will have a short life if A. have too greater current taken from it,B pb cells should not
be run fully down.Different rules apply to nicad lipo Etc. Let the lads know what type of battery you thinking
about . Im sure further help can be given. John. 

andreas1986

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:44:17 am »

john your a bloody star :) thank you! yeh im useing a 40amp brushless not intended to run full power*ever* im useing it in  a 1/350 bismarck first ever build and im very impatiant on parts lol! hence the jump a gun attitude, if you have the money then why the hell not lool!

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:49 am »

Thanks for your thanks. But i wonder if a brushless motor is the best choice of motor for your vessel.While
this type of motor is good, you would possibly need to gear it down.Also the motors dont run that slowly
and tend to start abruptly No doubt other lads can give you more advise ,but personally i would use brushed
motors for your type of vessal. Especially as youve got battery space. John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.