Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Model Boat Convention: August 27, 2011 - August 28, 2011
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Model Boat Convention  (Read 36484 times)

The long Build

Re: The Model Boat Convention
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

You Wish.. :} :}

As regards the old venue , if it had not been for the fact they were sudividing the room up by NON removable walls the Convention may have stayed there a few more years, There used to be more space there until they developed the upper floor and now the lower, It just was no longer suitable..Haydock Park has much greater scope for expansion.

And I have also spoken to many who thought the new Venue was superb, As always some will like it , some will not..  but the clock cannot be turned back we need to move forward and adapt and as you say hopefully a larger and deeper pond will sorted..

Ok being thick here, which is the FTX Tug..?.

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:34 pm »

Fair enough if they've spoilt the room at the old venue, still enjoyed the show at Haydock. The FTX tug was that huge pale blue one upstairs. Dave.  :-))

The long Build

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2011, 07:23:11 pm »

Quite a bit I would imagine..  The one I would like to have seen in action was the Blu Marlin.

dave301bounty

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2011, 07:36:09 pm »

Some of these remarks ,I just dont understand ,you come /go to a boat show convention to see what is on offer and other members boats ,you can sail on your pond at home ,by sailing at the shows ,its a strange way of a snub .The traders make an effort ,the clubs make an effort ,a small pond was there ,what is the problem with that , a few more stalls would be good ,but honestly to want to sail a model ,you can do that at your own pond surely .

The long Build

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »

It is always nice as a visitor to the show/ any show  to see models actually in action and that is how I read the posts. As it was even with the smaller sailing area than usual a fair number were sailed on it.. :-))

A few of the Pond area.

davidsg1a

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »

I think its good to go to a show and see boats on display and it is good to see boats sailing what they where designed to do and it helps to promote the hobby when people see how much fun it is sailing what you build.

David

dave301bounty

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2011, 08:24:36 pm »

There we are ,a nice set up ,you can see me there too ,but what a lovely view and no horses .well done to the camera man .

brianc

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2011, 08:31:19 pm »

Not having a big pond at Haydock was novel for me....for the past few years, I usually ended up going for a paddle  O0

On the down side....I hav`nt had my feet washed this year :o {-) {-) {-)

davidsg1a

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2011, 08:35:50 pm »

Hopfully there will be a chance for you to get washed next year and I'll have the cammera ready, {-)

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:21 pm »

Anyone got any pictures of the Liverpool  Club.

Peter

The long Build

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05:17 pm »

I am uploading them to the conventions website but having fun at the moment, here is one of the club I took before the Show opened as quite frankly it was the only time I could get really long un-obstructed photos.

john44

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »

Not having a big pond at Haydock was novel for me....for the past few years, I usually ended up going for a paddle  O0

On the down side....I hav`nt had my feet washed this year :o {-) {-) {-)

As they say Only dirty people wash.

I always remember as a youngster, watching an old John Wain cowboy movie where one of the characters said
 " I have a bath every year whether I need one or not ",

john

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »

I am uploading them to the conventions website but having fun at the moment, here is one of the club I took before the Show opened as quite frankly it was the only time I could get really long un-obstructed photos.

Thanks

peter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.