Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: My 12 foot Gato class submarine!  (Read 248419 times)

MikeA

Re: 12 foot gato class submarine video
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »

i just read that post and i kind of understand what you mean. It is nice to actually have an explanation sometimes better than saying no other wise you will get well what ifs and buts. I suppose then that a 2.5ghz transmitter on a sub cant send signals out of the water either if the signal is absorbed by the water.

sub john

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2011, 08:12:31 pm »

Reply #100
 Hi Mad Mike, 2.4ghz will in no way transmite through water from the sub to the bank side or from the bank side to the sub under water , i suppose for the average person to under stand the problems of radio waves going through water must be a bit mind boggling. Saw video film the other day this guy was in a car under water sinking to the bottom of the lake on a mobile phone talking to some body asking for help I REALLY DO NOT THINK SO, things like that make me laugh Mike have started going around and looking at different bits on mayhem was looking on one thread and there was a 16 channel switching unit to fit to TX and RX using pic chips down loaded all files and software HEX FILES  was in German have done art work  for PCB boards and when get time going to make boards up look under electronics on mayhem
     All the best John

MikeA

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2011, 10:56:23 pm »

the only way i managed to bend MY head round it was when you compared it to skipping stones. I came up with this annology.

27mhz - 40mhz signal is like like a handful of pebbles. Sling them into the water some of the pebbles will skip, some of those will sink and hit your sub.

2.4ghz is like slinging sand. On land you garantee hit your vehicle but on a submerged sub the water will absorb the sand.

i suppose then low rf is like a dirty great rock!!

would you say i got it ?? %%

sub john

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2011, 11:43:48 pm »

reply #102

hi mad mike   YES you got IT      O0

JOHN

MikeA

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2011, 12:19:02 am »

thats the dumbed down version for us normal folk :}

MikeA

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:06 am »

what are these then. ive seen the apparatus in the red circle before in someone elses workshop.

sub john

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2011, 10:40:34 am »

here are some more pics of the boat for you all to see 

MikeA

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:32 am »

was this today or are these old photos?

sub john

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »

hi mad mike        these pics are old around  20 years ago but shes water worthy again now looking to take her out some time soon
   john

also i have been working on   a level controle for the sub !    here is a link to a video i have done and uploaded on to utube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2hHCRgk8no    hope you enjoy the video thanks again

MikeA

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2011, 03:48:46 pm »

its going to get to a point where you will no longer need a tx because the sub will be AI!! This stuff is fanatastic

I still think you should set up a website a sell your products. like Action electronics or mmb:

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/home.html

http://www.marksmodelbits.co.uk/

Now theres a possibility  :-))

NickKK

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2011, 04:26:00 pm »

Hi guys
Thanks for all your input put on the rf .. I wasn't thinking of just a 2.4 system. Between all the answers I got my head around the problems and I'm amazed at the response .. And yes I was thankfull of a fuller explanation of why a 2.4ghz system won't work.

Thank you guys

sub john

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »

Reply#105
HI MAD MIKE, You asked what the things where in picture  was on TV screen, in the pic where you have got red circle top unit is sweep function generator, next one down oscilloscope the unit below that which you can not see storage oscilloscope other unit  behind solder station, a 60 amp power supply  and unit above that is RF function generator in the same case high frequency counter. Unit in green circle is another RF function generator, shelf top left hand side Lab power supply at the side of that another audio  function generator and the other side of the room is much worse
  john

Reply #109
 HI Mike
 Glad you like the video Yes i have thought about starting website might look into selling low frequency links for model subs but still having problems designing low frequency video link  for under water
 John

sub john

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2011, 07:04:50 pm »

Reply #110
 HI Nikekk,   Hope some of the information helped it can be a bit hard trying to get your head around radio waves under water,
 All the best John

MikeA

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2011, 07:20:36 pm »

you have to john its the final solution to possibilities. can you imaging those australian war games where they shoot bb's at each others ships. Then think of a fully operational sub with cameras on shooting torpedoes. RC minesweepers would have to be designed with real sonar. Holy **** what a show !! Think of science and deep sea exploration, scouting flooded caves too small for people to enter, endless possibilities!!

Im sure you will work out someway of transmitting tv signals. what kind of frequency does a standard annologue reception work at?

sub john

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01:32 pm »

Reply #113
 HI MIKE,
 Was watching some where on youtube these guys in Australia where firing across this big swimming pool with armed torpedoes and trying to sink this surface boat, one of the torpedoes hit the boat blow a hole and got stuck inside of the boat after a short while it sank i could get into that. As the torpedoes that goes in my sub they are 3 times the size. Will keep working on video link until i get it sorted

Bands that you can use for analogue for sending TV there is 3 bands for doing fast scan TV on the radio amateur bands  but you need a license  for these bands as i have got one, first one is what they call 70cms =432MHZ but this is only for black and white TV, second band is 23cms 1249mhz full colour and sound, third band is 13cms which is 2.3ghz up there is a fourth one which is 10ghz TV full colour picture plus sound, with my licence i can operate at 400 watts which is a lot of power. There is a band that you can use i think it is licence exempt which is 1394 mhz i no that there is video senders that you can use in your house but some of these are on amateur bands some video senders are on 5.8 ghz all of these bands will not work under water need to go LOW FREQUENCY  for it to work under water
   John

MikeA

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2011, 10:29:07 pm »

whats made u get back into rebuilding your sub then why the change of heart?

sub john

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:49 pm »

Reply #115
 HI Mike, It started off with me son saying why don't you get it out of the trailer and do some thing with it, this went on for a few weeks and in the end i felt like putting him in the trailer with it, in the end i did get it out and been working on it ever since.  I did enjoy taking it out but just wish people would leave me alone trouble is its such a crowd puller with a normal sub if you have some body bother you can walk off but with this there is to much gear set up to move about  you have to sit there and take it.
 JOHN

MikeA

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2011, 07:35:30 pm »

cant you join a club?

sub john

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:39 pm »

Reply#117
 HI Mike,      I don't think there would be many clubs where you would be able to take it and be able to sail it  as you would need a slip way to get it in  the water and i don't think many clubs would like you sailing this  when other people are sailing as well. Think i have found some where to take it when it goes back in the water again
        John

MikeA

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2011, 01:52:26 am »

sent you a pm john

sub john

« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2011, 09:16:29 pm »

Reply#119
 HI Mike,    Haven't been able to get on to the net as modem stop working six days later started to start working, i hate electronics !!!    Thanks for pm looks interesting have seen some thing like this before but cannot think where it was  will have to look into it more on the net to see if i can get some ideas.  Low frequency video link could not get colour pictures only black and white, could not under stand why it was doing this but found it was filter problem on front end of receiver but now it is transmitting colour video pictures starting to look good
  John

MikeA

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:34 am »

another hurdle overcome then  :-))

i got a trawler on the cards and i would like to put it in for a bit of scale. I havent seen it done yet on here so should prove interesting.

sub john

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:33 pm »

Reply#121
 HI Mike,     
   Whats this about building a trawler what size are you thinking about building it, trouble is when you start going big you end up with same problem as me trying to move it about. I decided to varnish the deck on that  big sub of mine but what happened was some of the varnish stayed shinny on the deck what did i end up having to do sand the hole deck down and start again 2 days later its done but a pain in the neck it has been.
                  John

MikeA

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2011, 10:30:46 pm »

i dont build big i build small. my largest boat is 670mm including surface drive and and my smallet boat is 60mm  %%
my trawler will be 400-500mm long it has to be small enough to get on the bus.

sub john

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2011, 07:13:04 pm »

Reply#123
  HI MIKE  You said the biggest boat you have got is 670mm I've got a reptile the same size as that, his name is Gizmo and he is a bearded dragon in fact we have 3 two males and one female. I bet you get some funny looks carrying the boat on the bus, i said on other reply that we had problem with modem a guy came and fitted new unit yesterday seems to work OK now any way this guy saw a picture of my big plane on the wall in my electronics room  in the end i showed him the sub in the garage was he impressed or what i think at first he thought it was a static model
 JOHN
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.